• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ftp/mysql user name prefix

H

HaraldH

Hello,

2 questions came around since we are using Plesk.

In earlier versions it was possible to change the default MySQL db user name length. Is this also possible with Plesk 9.3? Adding db_user_length 10 to the misc table in the psa db has no effect. Usernames are still truncated after 5 characters.

Is it possible to set a prefix to ftp users? I want to have the client login name prefixed to the ftp user name.

Thanks

I have performed test on 9.3.0 version. I have created mysql user with 10 symbols password length. As you can see password was not truncated:

mysql> select * from db_users where login='qwerty';
+----+--------+------------+-------+
| id | login | account_id | db_id |
| 12 | qwerty | 101 | 12 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from accounts where id=101\G
*************************** 1. row ***************************
id: 101
type: plain
password: 123456789q
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Also adding ftp prefix require re-coding and not sure that it is so easy.

The problem is not the length of the password. I'm having troubles with the length of the database username prefix. I've checked the options "Add user's login name and underscore to the beginning of database user names" and "Add user's login name and underscore to the beginning of database names" in the database hosting preferences. Our client login names are 10 characters long. When I now add a new database user the username (prefix) gets truncated to 5 characters. That's the problem.

For example:
client login name: h005124001
database name: h005124001_db1 (prefix correct)
database username: h0051_ (prefix truncated to 5 chars)

Is there any possibility to extend the prefix to 10 characters?
And is there an option to add a prefix to the ftp users? In that case (for example) h005124001_ftp1?

Thanks

Ok, I see.
I have checked and found that is is impossible to change it with some database or config file options. Therefore it is hardcoded.

Back