• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question FTP not work in local network

vardar

New Pleskian
Hi, I have some problem connecting via ftp.
I connect from one PC to another through the local network (from IP 192.168.1.4 to IP 192.168.1.5) so I have no problem opening ports on router.
If I try to make a passive connection, I get an ECONNREFUSED error and I just can't connect. If, on the other hand, I try in active mode, the connection is successful, but I get a "425 Unable to build data connection" error during folder reading.
Can anyone suggest anything?

Hi vardar,

Have you tried to connect to the external/public IP-address from the internal network (if it is accessible)? Is NAT used in your configuration? (if yes, check "/etc/proftpd.d/50-plesk.conf").

Hi vardar,

Have you tried to connect to the external/public IP-address from the internal network (if it is accessible)? Is NAT used in your configuration? (if yes, check "/etc/proftpd.d/50-plesk.conf").

My FTP connection is between two pc connected to the same local network. From the pc with ip address 192.168.1.4 I would like to connect to the pc with address 192.168.1.5. if i try to connect from external pc, opening port 21 on router, the connection times out.

Back