• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP Password Limits

L

linsec

Hi People,

First post, yay!

Ive found some sort of 'bug' in plesk, there seems to be a limitation when logging in via FTP with a password over 14 characters.

Strangely enough, Plesk allows you to configure passwords over 14 characters for ftp, but you cannot login to the ftp server with over 14 characters.

Is there any workaround for this other than to use shorter passwords? Im importing alot of sites from another CP and it would be a hassle if i had to change all the passwords :mad:

Any help appreciated

Welcome new poster! Wow, I thought Plesk had resolved the password length issue. That was an old problem under Plesk 6 (maybe earlier).

I do see on the 'Top 5 wanted features' list that someone posted 'increase password length to 32', so I guess Plesk still has not addressed this issue.

Thanks for your assistance, guess ill have to reset the passwords. :mad:

Funnily enough, postgres has exactly the same problem, i just spent a good part of the night troubleshooting why i couldnt access any databases via psql. Grrr.

Whats the best way to notify sw-soft of these bugs? Is there some sort of bug tracking system that we can submit these faults to, or do we just lodge a support ticket?

Cheers,

Shane.

Usually the best way is to open a ticket, they do not officially monitor these forums.

When enough paid support clients complain about the same issue, I think it bumps up the fix-it priority level on a given issue.

Back