• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP password

K

Kishorghadge

Hi,
Is there any setting to get FTP password in plesk. When we create any site on plesk we provide ftp password. But if any client forgot ftp password then we require to reset it. Is it there any way to get clients current (existing) password for ftp without changing (reseting) password.

Hi,

You need to login as root into your psa DB. Get the psa domain ID of the domain you need to retrieve the password for, on table "domains", then find in table "sys_users" the account id of that domain id, and now you can go to table "accounts" and find with that id the password.

Or make a join mysql query.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

DXTrim

Not able to get...

I am new with plesk. Please provide me the steps for it.
I have plesk root password with me. How to login in psa DB and how to get psa Domain ID.

Or i require to login on server on which plesk installed?
If yes then also provide me the steps for above. I will manage to get password from my seniors...

Hi again,

Do you have PhpMyAdmin in that server. If yes, login via PHP Admin and query your db via PhpyAdmin.

If you do not have it, you can do the queries via MySQL command line but if you are not sure, is better that you do not do it: the best thing in this case is to reset the password via Plesk Control Panel.

In the hosting setup, type a new password and give it to the client.

Cheers,

DXTrim

Back