• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP publishing errors

When you say "move Sitebuilder into a subfolder of an existing web site", do you mean actually move the Sitebuilder installation into a subfolder of an existing web site?

I'd actually love to do that as I'm not crazy about the drive on which it's currently residing, but it sounds like a nasty process. Wouldn't that mean a full uninstall / reinstall?

We are talking about "virtual" matters; i.e. how all it looks like in the URL. So there would be no need to move any files physically (though you can shuffle them if you do not like the locations).

There is also no need to reinstall the Sitebuilder; we just need to make sure all registry keys are properly updated so the future upgrades are able to locate Sitebuilder.

So - what's your decision for Sitebuilder URL: separate domain or a subfolder within main site?

Hi Sinclair -

Thanks for your patience.

There was indeed an issue with a firewall blocking port 2006. So, now the situation is that requests from an external network resolve properly but only if port 2006 is specified. This seems like "progress" but obviously I still cannot properly preview or edit a site from the Wizard. I'm hoping that perhaps this will not be such a big leap now.

I'll await your reply.

Ok, so now the preview files are visible on port 2006, right?
What happens if you click "Preview" from Wizard?

Correct. Preview files are visible on port 2006.

Click "Preview" from the Wizard gives me a 404 error.

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /Sites/4041e3e6-7772-45fc-b60c-ac712ae08eb8/page1.aspx

Ok. We need to go back to the
<sitebuilder>\HostingService\HostingService.exe.config.
There is a commented tag :
Code:
<!--
    <add key="PreconfiguredUrl" value="..."/>
-->
You need to:
1. Uncomment the tag (remove <!-- and -->
2. set the correct address for the value: "http://www.signsearch.com:2006/sites/"
3. Go to Services control panel
4. Shut down both Sitebuilder services
5. Start them back
6. Read the hosting service log in _logs folder to verify that it correctly started up with a new setting
7. Restart the Sitebuilder web site in IIS to wipe off old session data
8. Retry the Preview function in Wizard to check that the URL being opened is the correct one.

OK. I got as far as step 5 but now the 2 Sitebuilder services,

Sitebuilder for Windows Hosting Service, and
Sitebuilder for Windows Updater Service

won't restart.

When I try to restart either one I get the following message:

"The Sitebuilder for Windows Hosting / Updater Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts Service."

Very odd. I even tried restarting the server itself and no change.

Bummer. I really thought we were about to nail this thing down.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Forgive me. I was an idiot.

Please disregard last message.

Sinclair, thank you very very much! All seems to finally be working fine now. I sincerly appreciate your patience, cooperation, and expertise.

"Spasiba", I believe (hope).

Take care,

Darrin

Nuts. Forgive me. It's getting to be a l o n g day here.

I was doing my testing from the machine on which the Sitebuilder is installed. Running the wizard from an external login still will not allow me to preview a site.

Sorry.

Back