• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question FTP remote storage device

ikorpershoek

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6, Ubuntu 22.04.4
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.58 #2
I know this subject has been mentioned before but I couldn't find an answer to my problem.
I've been searching and testing for 3 days.

This is my situation:

Server 1 (used it for 3 years) running Plesk Obsidian 18.0.58 #2(webpro) on ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
Server2 (1week) running Plesk Obsidian 18.0.58 #2(webpro) on ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS

On server 1 the 'Remote Storage setting' works great and connected to my home Nas.

On server 2 using the same setting, username, and password doesn't work.
I try all options with no results.
Always end up with a Curl time-out error.

If I use the curl command, on the terminal command line, on server1 I get an immediate response, and everything works fine.
On server2 it says 'Trying xx.xx.xx.xx:21' That's all it doesn't stop unless I do 'Ctrl C'

On the Nas FTP, FTPS and SFTP are enabled and working.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction to find a solution.

Sounds like either FTP ports are blocked on your server, on the data center firewall between the server and the Internet or that the IP address of the server is blocked by your local router for port 21.

I once came across a similar issue and if I remember correctly it was due to the IPv6 configuration. I don't remember exactly how I solved it unfortunately. Maybe this helps you in the right direction. But your issue might be caused by something completely different too.

Last edited:
Sounds like either FTP ports are blocked on your server, on the data center firewall between the server and the Internet or that the IP address of the server is blocked by your local router for port 21.
Thanks

I'm sure the VPS IP is not blocked on my router or the NAS it's even white-listed.
Both servers are from the same provider not sure in the same data center both are in Germany

Contacted the hosting provider and we did some tests. IP address is not blocked in their Firewall. They have no explanation why server1 is working and server2 not. I'll keep on searching

Back