• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

FTP Timeout

PGT92

New Pleskian
Earlier this month I upgraded to Plesk 10. Since then, my FTP connection has been timing out after about 3 minutes. I changed the proftpd.conf file to include TimeoutNoTransfer, TimeoutStalled, and TimeoutIdle to be all set at 900. I restarted xinetd, but nothing seems to have changed. What else can I do to change this?

Thanks for any help.

Sorry I wasn't more clear on that... by 'timeout' I mean the idle time. Everything is fine as long I transfer to or from the server frequently. If I upload a file every minute, I can stay connected indefinitely, but if I stop and let the connection sit in idle for more then a couple of minutes, it'll disconnect.

Me too...

I've made the suggested changes and run command /etc/init.d/xinetd restart and still have users losing connection at aroung 3 minutes, this is from my proftpd.conf file:

--------------------
ServerName "ProFTPD"
#ServerType standalone
ServerType inetd
DefaultServer on
<Global>
DefaultRoot ~ psacln
AllowOverwrite on
TimeoutNoTransfer 900
TimeoutStalled 600
TimeoutIdle 1200
IdentLookups off