• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Full Wildcard Domains in ServerAlias

D

davidcroda

I am using a Wordpress MU installation with the Wordpress MU Domain Mapping plugin. This allows you to map full domains, ie. www.myblogsite.com to a Wordpress MU blog.

The trouble is, it needs a full wildcard in the ServerAlias to do this. I have run into a few issues trying the usual work arounds.

Adding ServerAlias * to the vhost.conf works, but also breaks any virtual hosts loaded after this one. Since there is no way to control which virtual hosts are loaded first (except to force it to be last, addressed next), this is not a viable solution.

I know you can force configuration options to be loaded last by adding zzzz_ prefixed .conf files in the /etc/httpd/conf.d directory. Unfortunately, loading this directive last is also a problem, because the Default virtual host also contains a full wildcard ServerAlias. This means our wildcard is never hit.

So basically, what I need is either:

A) A way to ensure my Wildcard virtual host is loaded last out of all of my added hosts, but BEFORE the default virtual host.
B) A way to disable the default virtual host so I can load my wildcard last.

Any ideas or suggestions out there?

Problem solved?

Hello David,
have you managed to solve the problem? I am facing the same situation (check my post here). Like you, I have not got any answer yet. Thought, maybe you already managed to solve the issue in another way or got any new ideas.
Regards
Michael

Back