• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Fundamental problem with your templates?

M

m.r.davies

SW soft
-------

A couple of constructive points and suggestions

Can you make all the un-compiled templates available for download?
This would make custom templates a whole lot easier, as all we would need to do is search for one that looks similar and adjust this.

In my opinion, templates that are NOT a fixed width (expand to whole page) are a bad idea as it messes up the design
All templates should just conform to a standard resolution of 800x600 or 1024x768.

i've tried to use one of your templates, and uploaded my own 800px header,
it looked good until i maximised the screen and the design all messed up
The header was off to the right and there was a load of white space where the template had expanded to the page width

I can see this as being a MASSIVE issue, i know you are just trying to make it easy for numpties, and make it flexible, but these constraints need to be in place otherwise people will end up with a rubbish/different looking site on different screen resolutions

99% of the websites i've ever visited use a fixed width.
What was the reason for making it a variable width?

I've spoken to another forum member about this and he agree's its a huge issue that should be addressed

Hello,

Thank you so much about detailed feedback about flexible design templates. It will be forwarded to product manager.

About design template code - after compilation templates sources are kept under _Source folder. Check "[%SB_DIR%]\Repository\Design\[Any design template dir]\_Source" folder.

Also Sitebuilder SDK contains three samples of design templates.

Thanks

I wasn't aware the SDK contained samples

For those wanting to know where they are please look in

C:\Program Files\SWsoft\SiteBuilder for Windows 4.0\SDK\Samples\Design Templates

Back