1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

FYI Plesk/Horde and ClamAV pop3 AV

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by jtheisen, May 11, 2005.

1. jtheisen

jtheisen Guest

Just posting this incase someone else runs into this same problem: I searched this entire forum with nothing, i found it on another forum, sad.
    server2k3 web w/ plesk 7.3 Horde and Mailenable-Dr. Web AV

All services were running properly until clam POP3 AV was installed, after it was installed every user of the domain could get tot the webmail login screen but it was rejected with bad username and password no matter what you did to it.

Problem lies in the communication between Horde and mailenable and the Clam pop3 AV program- so if your sure everything else is correct in your sever and you have this problem, check for that software..

JIM

2. sieb@

sieb@ Guest

Check Mailenable's MTA logs to see if the pickup-event created any errors or if there is anything in the systems event logs.

3. AbsolutelyFreeW

AbsolutelyFreeW Guest

so where did you find the solution please?

4. jtheisen

jtheisen Guest

That was the fix

The Clam POP3 AV software was the problem, unistalled it and its fine.

Note i said the Clam POP3 AV and not winclam or any other clam, just the POP3 Clam.