• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde [imp] Webmail Login Issue

G

giganet

Hello group, I was referred to SWSoft Forum by users of gmane.comp.horde.user/17288
to try and troubleshoot my login issues I am experiencing presently.
Users there say that my version of Horde is a PLESK customized one and therefore PLESK developers should have this brought to their attention(s).

IMP: H3 (4.1.4)
PHP Version: 5.1.6
Apache Version: 2.2.4

I have had an issue going on for some time now regarding users NOT being able to log onto Horde imp [webmail].

I am an WISP operator, source bandwidth comes from VSAT and then passes through AIRLok 325 appliance then onto wireless network.
67.142.130.44 is the satellite IP and my terminal IP is 72.169.152.210.
This hasn't caused any problems anywhere else.
No matter the user, when one attempts to logon with correct credentials he/she is directed straight back to the login screen minus user credential errors, just 'Failed Login'.
When I run 'test.php' I receive no immediate errors.

After running 'PHP Mail Server Support Test' I see that a certificate error has occurred, I am assuming that is my primary problem for login.
I'm just unsure how exactly to resolve the issue???

PHP Mail Server Support Test Attempting to automatically determine the correct connection parameters for your server:

* Trying protocol imap/notls, Port 143: SUCCESS - INBOX has 0 messages (0 new 0 recent)

* Trying protocol imap/ssl, Port 993: ERROR - The server returned the following error message:

Certificate failure for mail.giganetwireless.com: self signed certificate: /C=US/ST=NY/L=New York/O=Courier Mail Server/OU=Automatically-generated IMAP SSL key/CN=localhost/emailAddress=postmaster <at> example.com

* Trying protocol imap/ssl/novalidate-cert, Port 993: SUCCESS - INBOX has 0 messages (0 new 0 recent)

* Trying protocol imap/tls/novalidate-cert, Port 143: SUCCESS - INBOX has 0 messages (0 new 0 recent)

The following configurations were successful and may be used in your imp/config/servers.php file:

Configuration 1 'server' => 'mail.giganetwireless.com' 'protocol' => 'imap/notls' 'port' => '143'

Configuration 2 'server' => 'mail.giganetwireless.com' 'protocol' => 'imap/ssl/novalidate-cert' 'port' =>

'993' Configuration 3 'server' => 'mail.giganetwireless.com' 'protocol' => 'imap/tls/novalidate-cert' 'port' =>

'143' The following IMAP server information was discovered from the remote server:

Namespace Information

NAMESPACE: "INBOX."
DELIMITER: .
TYPE: personal

NAMESPACE: "#shared."
TYPE: shared

NAMESPACE: "shared."
TYPE: shared

IMAP CHILDREN support:
SUPPORTED IMAP Charset Search Support:

Server supports searching with the UTF-8 character set.

My Own followup:

In looking over the 'psa-horde.log' I found that all login failures listed the same reason.

Jul 25 11:28:29 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN 67.142.130.44 to localhost:143[imap/notls] as president <at> giganetwireless.com [on line 258 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]

SO I snagged 'imp.php' from the server. Line 258 is at the end of this 'else' test. That else test is referring to FAILED LOGIN

I hope this followup may help somehow??

Thanks for any suggestions

Regards

Back