• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Gene6 FTP - Multiple FTP Accounts

O

orangesites

Hi everyone,

I am very happy with Gene6 FTP integration, it works great to add as many ftp users as I want, set folder permissions and so on...

EXCEPT THAT:
As soon as I add a new domain name to my server, Plesk seems to SYNCHRONIZE its own list of ftp accounts with the Gene6 FTP server ftp accounts list, overriding and ersasing my additional ftp accounts. I bought and installed Gene6 in order to be able to manage my ftp accounts as I wish but Plesk doesn't seem to agree.

I think this is definitely a bug in the compatibility between the two. This is a very important deal for me, please let me know if someone has a fix or any type of information on this issue.

Thank you,
Ludo

Hello,

I have a question about Gene6 FTP ...
Is that something that i need to buy, to have FTP running on a Plesk for Windows server ?
Because i can't upload/download on our new Plesk server ... ( permission denied)
Thanks to let me know.
Best regards
Jean

lost accounts in gene6ftp

I am having the same issue as the original poster.

Has anyone found a workaround?

Not yet... We're also using Gene6 and when we set folder permissions manually within Gene6, after Plesk is synchronized, they're reset to default...

They should either make something not to touch our custom settings in Gene6 or make option for folder permissions/additional users within Plesk Control panel.

I am having the same problem.
Any custom setting on Gene6 Ftp and any users manually created are lost when Plesk creates new users or changes permissions on existing ones.

Any news on this issue?

I had the same issue. I got around it by enabling virtual hosting (checking the box) on the main IP for FTP within Gene6, and then creating a virtual domain within gene, and adding the user via that. The user has to log in with [email protected] but thats better then having to recreate it everytime.

Mike

Hey guys,

Just had to wait for the 7.6.1 version of Plesk. It allows you to manage additional custom FTP accounts as you wish.

Better late than never...

Ludo

Back