1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

GeoTrust SSL certificate won't work. Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Mateo1041, Apr 10, 2005.

  1. Mateo1041

    Mateo1041 Guest

    0
     
    Let me start off by saying I've done my research on this and can't find an answer anywhere. Am I doing something wrong?

    Here are the steps I followed. The website www.domain.com used to be on a shared IP, and I have since switched it under hosting setup to be an exclusive IP as SSL needs to be an exclusive IP. All my shared websites point to NS1.BLUEWEBSTUDIOS.COM and NS2.BLUEWEBSTUDIOS.COM. This is my company website. I've left this the same at the registrar for this www.domain.com website using the new exclusive IP.

    1) I requested the CSR from the www.domain.com certificates section and passed that on to GeoTrust with whom I'm ordering an SSL cert.

    2) They sent me the certificate and I added that to the www.domain.com's certificate. I'm assuming I do not need a "CA" certificate.

    3) I then chose to use this new GeoTrust certificate under the client's IP pool for the new exclusive IP. The new IP and certificate shows properly under the hosting setup for the www.domain.com website.

    4) Now that the certificate is complete and supposedly assigned to the www.domain.com website, I restarted the server.

    However, I now notice the cerificate is by an "unknown authority" when using https on the website. Basically, it does not work. The http version shows the default Plesk page instead of the actual client's website that is set up. The client's website showed just fine before. Using the exclusive IP address in the browser also shows the default Plesk page. Pinging the www.domain.com website DOES show the correct exclusive IP.

    Does anyone have any ideas? Why would the default Plesk page be showing instead of the website? Do I need to add a server certificate too? The GeoTrust Premium standard certificate I purchased was only for the www.domain.com website.

    Help!

    - Matt.
     
  2. Mateo1041

    Mateo1041 Guest

    0
     
    After trying everything I could think of, I went ahead and deleted the entire domain. I then recreated it and assigned it an exclusive IP by default. Last time I had moved from shared to exclusive. Everything now works just fine. Makes me wonder what happened before as the settings right now look identical. I certainly can't complain.

    I wonder if there is a bug when moving a domain from a shared IP to an exclusive IP. The only other thing that could have been the problem is I used the "Switch" icon while experimenting at first. But I had then changed it back again to be master DNS.
     
Loading...