• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Get rid of Obtrusive Parallels ad in Plesk!

B

billcd@

I'm all for advertising, but I've seen that some people are not happy with the obtrusive Parallels logo at the top of the Plesk control panel. Well, I agree, it's to much. There is a simple fix.

1) Log into your server with ssh.
2) cd to: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/[your theme name]/images
3) replace file "def_parallels_logo.gif" with a 1x1 transparent gif.
4) reload your control panel!

How about text ads and links to parallels? Transparent image or not, still linking to parallels.com :(

How about text ads and links to parallels? Transparent image or not, still linking to parallels.com :(
well, i don't think there's going to be away around that. Plesk is encrypted with ioncube. Truthfully, I'm not against some advertising there, I mean, they've got a perty good piece of software.

I think pages will be full of these ads in next releases.. If parallels does not remove these ads with next version, i'll stop using plesk. I'm paying for control panel software, not to serv ads!

I removed plesk links from the default index pages that new clients get, as well as went into Server -> Interface Management -> Interface Templates Tab -> Preferences and made sure all buttons were checked to remove as many ads and what nots as possible.

I removed plesk links from the default index pages that new clients get, as well as went into Server -> Interface Management -> Interface Templates Tab -> Preferences and made sure all buttons were checked to remove as many ads and what nots as possible.

I removed too :) But, not all ads was gone.

You are correct, that doesnt remove all of the adds, but if you redo all of the clients index.html files that they get (replace the ones they have - only if psa gave them to them - with the good ones) and check the boxes it will remove a lot of them, but not all.

Im not sure you are allowed to remove them all from PSA itself and maintain its licensing, you may want to check with psa themselves on that one - defaintely not if your licese is leased!

can get solved by issuing this.

cp spacer.gif /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/plesk8.new/images/def_parallels_logo.gif;cp spacer.gif /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/plesk.blue/images/def_parallels_logo.gif;cp spacer.gif /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/plesk.classic.silver/images/def_parallels_logo.gif;cp spacer.gif /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/plesk.nature/images/def_parallels_logo.gif;cp spacer.gif /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/plesk.sea/images/def_parallels_logo.gif;cp spacer.gif /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/plesk.silver/images/def_parallels_logo.gif;cp spacer.gif /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/plesk.violet/images/def_parallels_logo.gif; cp spacer.gif /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/winxp.blue/images/def_parallels_logo.gif;cp spacer.gif /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/winxp.new.compact/images/def_parallels_logo.gif;cp spacer.gif /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/winxp.new/images/def_parallels_logo.gif;cp spacer.gif /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/winxp.olivegreen/images/def_parallels_logo.gif;cp spacer.gif /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/winxp.silver/images/def_parallels_logo.gif;cp spacer.gif /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/aqua/images/def_parallels_logo.gif; cp spacer.gif /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/longhorn.black/images/def_parallels_logo.gif;cp spacer.gif /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/longhorn.yellow/images/def_parallels_logo.gif;cp spacer.gif /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/aqua.compact/images/def_parallels_logo.gif;cp spacer.gif /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/longhorn.aero/images/def_parallels_logo.gif

create a 1x1 px transparent gif file, and from the dir where you upload it, issue the line i posted.

A better way

Using that spacer simply replaces the logo with a huge chunk of white in it's place. Not only that but it leaves the virtuozo ad.

Here is a way that gets rid of both including the link. These instructions are assuming you are using firefox, modify to fit whichever browser you are using.

Right click on the blue bar on top and Click This Frame/ View ONLY this frame. You should now be viewing only the top bar with the ads and logos.

Right click again and click View Source. Copy the source to your favorite HTML editor and edit until it looks the way you want without the ads, links, and logos.

There is a div that has a class of "withTopRightLogo", Be sure to remove or change the name of that class. I simply changed it to class=""

Go find the file /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/top.php3 and replace it with your new edited HTML.

ALL GONE! Nothing left but your logo on the left, and the logout link on the right and the blue background.

Alright guys this is much easier than what you are all trying to do. Just need to do some simple CSS. If you create your own template open \css\top\custom.css or on the fileserver with root access go to /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/YOURSKIN/css/top where YOURSKIN = the default skin you are using and change "withTopRightLogo" "#topRightLogo" "#topTxtBanner" to be as follows:

.withTopRightLogo {margin-right: 0px;}
#topRightLogo {visibility: hidden; position: absolute;}
#topTxtBanner {visibility: hidden;position: absolute;}

Since they built this all using css and divs I think it would be safe to say that they are not forcing you to use keep that so should be all good.

In 9.5 there is a much easier way.

SSH into your server and cd to /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/vista/css/top
Replace "vista" in the above with whatever skin you want to change.

Edit the custom.css and go to the very bottom of the file and make the following mods

.withAdvertisement {
visibility: hidden; /* This hides the text advertisement */
border-left: 1px solid #666;
padding-left: 12px;
}
#topRightLogo {
visibility: hidden; /* This hides the parallels logo */
margin: 4px -200px 0 0; /* I added the -200px to move the logout stuff to the right so it looks better.
}

Back