• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Getting fed up with Plesk 7/Win

S

slpc

Plesk 6.5 to 7 migration failed. Had to resort to 6.5 and restore... except restore didn't take (using Plesk backup software). So figured what the hell, I'll just reinstall IIS6 and then a fresh install of Plesk 7. So far, I've had issues with the following:

-webmail (permissions all screwed up on creation)
-webstats (works on a couple accounts, doesn't work on others)
-can't create sub domains now, get the error below:

error.gif

The point of owning Plesk is to avoid manual configuration in Windows/IIS, but I can't even launch my new server to my customers because I can't get the damned thing in working order because of Plesk!

If anyone has any info on this last error message, I'd appreciate it.

How did your migration fall over? We had a similar **** up 2 weeks ago - COM errors.......

We ended up restoring back to 6.5.2.......

Sorry for the post is off the topic.

I am new to plesk and have some problems with the installation (thread posted). What's surprising me is that the people with problems here do not get any reply in most of the cases from Plesk staff. slpc posted it a week ago but no response. it's just an example. I am seeing these type of un-answered threads everywhere in the forums.

Hi,

Did you forget that Plesk is charging all customers for support issues? So, if they will reply on the forums with the problem solution then they will loose a lot of money. Please do not expect any help from Plesk Developers on the forum at all guys. I think it is fair. Remember, problems and errors are not always PLESK's fault, in most cases it is the customers server missconfiguration problem.

Regards,
Henry

Henry-

Did you forget that Plesk is charging all customers for support issues? So, if they will reply on the forums with the problem solution then they will loose a lot of money. Please do not expect any help from Plesk Developers on the forum at all guys. I think it is fair.

Are you listening to yourself? Henry, this approach to customer service is absolutely absurd.

If we take your approach, then, Henry, are we to expect refunds for products that fail to function as advertised? If they don't answer questions on the forum, they will lose more money because studies show that customer service is important to consumers. Have your read the Plesk installation guide? It's 1 page...

They've created a product, and they are obligated to stand by it. They do have normal support channels (email), but that doesn't always provide what you need.

I suggest that you read some books on customer service and enjoy your job at the gas station.

Back