• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Getting just windows admin Center on login

Kerrya

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Windows server 2019
Plesk version and microupdate number
Web host
I deployed Windows server 2019 with Plesk Web Admin for 10 sites.

I only have one domain so far which is the same name as the server. Let’s say it’s myhost.com.

The DNS is resolving to the server’s ip but when I try to access instead of the website I get a Windows Admin Center window instead.

Any idea what I’ve done wrong?

Kerry

Moved to Plesk Obsidian for Windows.

With that said, does your windows server deployment using a public IP on the server itself or a private IP address? And is it behind a firewall? When you put in the domain address, you're not putting in any extra port numbers are you? And is this being resolved from inside or outside the network?

Basically we need a lot more details then what you've provided. Need to know how your environment is set up to get better understanding.

Well, I was able to just uninstall Windows Admin Center and Plesk and WP started working normally.

It seems it’s a Microsoft plugin for remote admin through a web browser rather than RDP and it hijacks certain ports.

It could probably be tweaked to use different ports but I just uninstalled it.

Thanks for the advise.

Back