• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Getting started with hosting on virtual server

L

luxico

Hi

Ive just upgraded to a virtual server with GoDaddy and have Plesk 9.3 installed. Im having a problem setting the DNS Nameservers and was hoping someone could help me.

I have 3 IP addresses and I have added 2 domains. The one domain I is www.searchseo.co - I have gone into DNS set up and I have set the DNS records:
Host - ns1.searchseo.co
Record type - A
Value - 173.201.255.7
Host - ns2.searchseo.co
Record type - A
Value - 173.201.255.8
Host - searchseo.co
Record Type - NS
Value - ns1.searchseo.co
Host - searchseo.co
Record Type - NS
Value - ns2.searchseo.co

Ive then set the IP address as 173.201.255.7

Ive logged into my godaddy account and set the host summary as NS1.searchseo.co and NS2.searchseo.co. Ive then changed the namerservers to point to these.

Ive then changed my other domain www.luxico.com on plesk and set the IP address as 173.201.255.7 but havent changed the DNS records as I was going to use the same namservers as the other. Ive looged into my godaddy account and set the nsameservers as ns1.searchseo.co and ns2.searchseo.co.

It doesn't appear as though Ive done everything correct as I cant connect via ftp. Can anyone see something that Ive done wrong?

Back