• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Ghost caching

Pentarou

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

We use Prestashop at work and for adding products, we need to restart our plesk VPS servers to make the products visible, even if we clear or even disable caching in Prestashop.

There seems to be some caching (not nginx) active in Plesk on our business VPS, and I can not figure out what it is.
To our knowledge, there is no docker, Redis, APCU or memcache(d) active.

Can someone please help me figure this out?
Thanks in advance.

@Pentarou

First of all, this issue is NOT Plesk related, this is only Prestashop related and as such, this forum is not the place for this question.

Nevertheless, I will try to give you a quick solution.

From the information you provided, it is hard to tell what is actually happening and what is the root cause of your problem.

However, it might be the case that there is some server side caching that you are not aware of (and I am pretty sure this is the culprit).

I would strongly recommend to contact your hosting provider, since there is some caching mechanism somewhere, but apparently not on your side.

In addition, I must admit that Prestashop is known to have this issue in previous versions: at least update to the latest version of Prestashop.

Finally, if the problem persists after updating and/or when the hosting provider is telling you that there is no server side caching present, just try to add headers:

- look for the classes/controller/AdminController.php file
- apply the following solution

and that should suffice to solve your problem.

Hope the above helps a bit.

Regards...........

Hello trailotto, and thanks for your reply.

This happens not only with Prestashop, but also with all our other WordPress, Magento instances and I run my own VPS at work.

I know it's a server-side caching problem, but I can not find it and I was hoping somebody could give me a clue as to where to look, and because I'm running Plesk, I thought it was suitable to post it here, but I'm oviously mistaken. This is a front-office problem by the way, probably started after installing (and completely removing) from APCU.

Hello trailotto, and thanks for your reply.

This happens not only with Prestashop, but also with all our other WordPress, Magento instances and I run my own VPS at work.

I know it's a server-side caching problem, but I can not find it and I was hoping somebody could give me a clue as to where to look, and because I'm running Plesk, I thought it was suitable to post it here, but I'm oviously mistaken. This is a front-office problem by the way, probably started after installing (and completely removing) from APCU.

@Pentarou,

Just check that you have uninstalled APCu properly.

If that is the case, then there are probably more issues (and in worst case scenario, those issues are related to shared memory, which could be a security blackhole).

However, the before mentioned issues are (very likely) to be caused by some malconfiguration on the side of the host system, upon which the VPS resides.

To be honest, I would not recommend to host any (production or test) domain on a VPS that behaves this "badly".......please consider to move to another VPS or provider.

Regards..........

PS Also check your php.ini file for any "left-over config settings", being the settings that were not removed after uninstalling APCu. Note that there are many php.ini files, so you really should check them all.

Back