• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Ghosting A Backup

J

jahwise

I really need some help here guys...I have a linux server that I am trying to backup my server that has a PLESK control panel with 30 websites.

What is your definition of a ghost backup?

Let me ask you a question. If I told you I wanted to have my existing hard drive cloned on a ONCE OFF backup to a USB hard drive, for instant restoration in the event of a primary hard drive failure...IS THIS POSSIBLE? would it be possible to clone the existing hard drive to a USB hard drive, and SHUT DOWN THE COMPUTER.....then disconnect the existing internal hard drive, and plug in the USB hard drive, and be up and running with nothing more than a REBOOT of the server? IS THIS POSSIBLE<<<< THAT IS MY MAIN QUESTION<<<IS THIS POSSIBLE??? In other words....is it possible to mount a USB hard drive to a server, clone(ghost) the existing internal hard drive bit for bit to that USB hard drive, and then take that USB HARD DRIVE and put it on the ground next to the server, and then turn off the server, and disconnect the internal hard drive, and then plug in the USB hard drive and make it as primary in BIOS, etc, and then would all of my server's websites be back up and running with a simple reboot ? IS THIS POSSIBLE <<<< THAT IS MY QUESTION...IS THIS POSSIBLE????? IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW HARD THIS IS TO DO, OR HOW ILLOGICAL, IS THIS POSSIBLE?

-taylor

P.S. what is the best company for getting a high bandwidth server to host music files and video files download? I.e. which company is the most professional and secure for the lowest fee's ?

P.S.S. what is the logistics for switching server companies? what is the easiest way to transfer the hard drive and contents and plesk control panel?

Heyho Mr. CAPS,

I don't know if i'm wrong, but imaging/cloning your harddisk has nothing to do with Plesk.

Sure you can make a clone-backup for your box to a seperate disk (usb-disk) and in worst case you can plug it into your box and have fun.
If you have physical access to your box it shouldnt be that big problem.

@ your hosting question:
Here in Germany we says something like "I can't afford cheap things" that means, if you like really good performance, u really habe to pay for it good.

Back