• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input GIT 2.0.0 extension has been released

Vitaliy Sekretenko

New Pleskian
Hi everyone,

We are committed to improving the Plesk GIT extension.

As a first step, we have published the GIT extension version 2.0.0
In this release, we completely changed the UI of the product and fixed a lot of UX problems.

1640341403146.png1640341442883.png

Besides that, On Plesk for Linux servers, added the ability to specify login and password for remote HTTPS repositories.
1640341511414.png

Also, we fixed a bunch of the annoying issues:
  1. The last commit information is now correctly updated after pulling updates without the need to refresh the page. (EXTGIT-33)
  2. It is now possible to select the root folder when setting the Git deploy path. (EXTGIT-54)
  3. The currently selected folder is now shown when changing the Git deploy path. (EXTGIT-69)
  4. Changing domain settings no longer results in the inability to push changes to local Git repositories. . (EXTGIT-70)
  5. The Git extension no longer shows the wrong directory tree when editing the Git deploy path. (EXTGIT-142)
  6. The Git extension no longer breaks CSS in the domain menu. (EXTGIT-158)

Please provide your feedback and help us improve GIT.

Hi,

Great improvement!

Could it be that since the release the credentials file for the local repositories has changed? Before it used to be d..git@plesk-git and now d..httpdocs@git@plesk-git .

Regards,

Hi,

Relating to J.noto's issue all of my local repos are now broken after the GIT 2.0.0 extension update. I get
"fatal: Authentication failed for", what is the fix for this?

Hi guys,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

Right now we are trying to reproduce the issue on our installations without much success so far.

The responsible engineer will ask several questions in the tread to determine your environment.

Hello!
@j.noto you are right, credentials file name was changed.

@RobaldoDanger, @madsjuhl, could you please share some details about your environments?
- Operating system on the server with Plesk
- Plesk version
- Git extension version before update (if you remember it)

Also it will be great if you can provide step-by-step instruction to reproduce your issue.
I suppose scenario like this:
- Create some local repository with Git extension v1 (1.3.5?)
- Push changes to this repository via HTTP
- Update Git extension to v2
- Perform push to the same repository again

Am I right, or could you add some other steps or details?

Back