• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Git Extension doesn't remove deleted branches

TurnRound

New Pleskian
TITLE:
Git Extension doesn't remove deleted branches
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Git Extension 1.1.1-228
Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #48
CentOS Linux 7.6.1810 (Core)‬
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
I'm successfully using the Plesk Git Extension to pull updates from Github to my development and production sites.

However, branches I've deleted from my local dev environment and from Github are not deleted from the Branch menu in the extension (under Change branch and path).

Every branch I've ever created is still listed there, despite having been deleted from Github.

Clicking the Pull Updates button doesn't remove the old branches.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Setup the Git extension to pull updates from a Github repo.
2. Create a new branch on the Github repo.
3. Click Pull Updates in the websites Git section in Plesk
4. Click Change branch and path and see that the new branch is listed on the Branch menu
5. In the Github repo, delete the newly created branch
6. In Plesk Git Extension, click Pull Updates
7. Click Change branch and path and notice that the deleted branch (and every other branch ever created) is listed on the Branch menu​
ACTUAL RESULT:
The Branch menu in the Change branch and path dialog still shows all deleted branches.​
EXPECTED RESULT:
After deleting a branch from Github and clicking Pull Updates, I would expect the deleted branches to be removed from the Branch menu in the Change branch and path dialog, as they no longer exist on the remote.​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Attachments

• 2019-04-02 at 10.02.png
    2019-04-02 at 10.02.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 3
From developer:

This happens because of ext-git displays all available (local and remote) branches.
After switching to a new brunch, it was copied to the local git repository, and deleting the branch on the remote repository does not remove the branch in the local copy
Currently, ext-git does not support local branch management from the plesk interface, if this functionality is in demand, you need to make a vote on this at Feature Suggestions: Top (1371 ideas) – Your Ideas for Plesk.

Alternative solutions:

• remove the integration with the repository on the domain and re-create it.
  • If you are an administrator and you have root access, you can remove the local brunch using the command:
    '/opt/psa/admin/bin/modules/git/git-helper' '<user login>' '/var/www/vhosts/<domain name>/git/hello.git' '--git-dir=/var/www/vhosts/<domain name>/git/<git file>' 'branch' '-d' '<branch to remove>'

Back