• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Gmail error: "454 4.7.0 TLS not available due to local problem"

yabado

Regular Pleskian
Started testing my install of PP12 and found I cannot receive email from gmail.

There error is "454 4.7.0 TLS not available due to local problem"

This is a brand new install of PP ( Centos Linux ) via the AWS Marketplace EC2 instance ( offered by Parallels ).

Is this something I can fix?

Last edited:
Code:
postfix/smtpd[13598]: warning: cannot get RSA certificate from file /etc/postfix/postfix_default.pem: disabling TLS support
postfix/smtpd[13598]: warning: TLS library problem: 13598:error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:bss_file.c:398:fopen('/etc/postfix/postfix_default.pem','r'):
postfix/smtpd[13598]: warning: TLS library problem: 13598:error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib:bss_file.c:400:
postfix/smtpd[13598]: warning: TLS library problem: 13598:error:140DC002:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file:system lib:ssl_rsa.c:722:

Here is the log entries that I believe are causing the issue.

I could use the solution that Lloyd provided (thanks Lloyd) ,but does that mean I then lose TLS support for my mail?

What is the proper fix recommended from Parallels?

I found the problem and fix and wanted to post it here for future reference...

I am using the AWS Pleck EC2 instance sold in the AWS Marketplace.

So, the the /etc/postfix/postfix_default.pem is not there by default.

This is the location the etc/postfix/main.cf says where the cert should be, yet it is not.

The fix, cd into /etc/postfix/ and run the following command to create the cert. ...

Code:
openssl req -new -x509 -nodes -out postfix_default.pem -keyout postfix_default.pem -days 3650

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Back