• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Gmail error: "454 4.7.0 TLS not available due to local problem"

yabado

Regular Pleskian
Started testing my install of PP12 and found I cannot receive email from gmail.

There error is "454 4.7.0 TLS not available due to local problem"

This is a brand new install of PP ( Centos Linux ) via the AWS Marketplace EC2 instance ( offered by Parallels ).

Is this something I can fix?

Last edited:
Code:
postfix/smtpd[13598]: warning: cannot get RSA certificate from file /etc/postfix/postfix_default.pem: disabling TLS support
postfix/smtpd[13598]: warning: TLS library problem: 13598:error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:bss_file.c:398:fopen('/etc/postfix/postfix_default.pem','r'):
postfix/smtpd[13598]: warning: TLS library problem: 13598:error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib:bss_file.c:400:
postfix/smtpd[13598]: warning: TLS library problem: 13598:error:140DC002:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file:system lib:ssl_rsa.c:722:

Here is the log entries that I believe are causing the issue.

I could use the solution that Lloyd provided (thanks Lloyd) ,but does that mean I then lose TLS support for my mail?

What is the proper fix recommended from Parallels?

I found the problem and fix and wanted to post it here for future reference...

I am using the AWS Pleck EC2 instance sold in the AWS Marketplace.

So, the the /etc/postfix/postfix_default.pem is not there by default.

This is the location the etc/postfix/main.cf says where the cert should be, yet it is not.

The fix, cd into /etc/postfix/ and run the following command to create the cert. ...

Code:
openssl req -new -x509 -nodes -out postfix_default.pem -keyout postfix_default.pem -days 3650

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Back