• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question GoDaddy Domain + Plesk Nameserver

david.an

New Pleskian
Hello there,
I have recently moved my domains to GoDaddy. (Let's say the domain is example.com)
I tried to then change the nameserver settings in GoDaddy to use the Plesk Nameserver. (ns1.example.com & ns2.example.com)
GoDaddy unfortunately doesn't seem to like that and gives me an error saying: 'Nameserver:NS_SameHostUnavailable', which I assume means that they don't want the nameserver and actual domain to be on the same host. (correct me If I'm wrong.)

I also have a second domain with a different registrar, where everything is set up perfectly. (Let's say it's example2.com with the nameservers ns1.example2.com & ns2.example2.com)
My question is: Would it work If I define the nameservers of example2.com (ns1.example2.com & ns2.example2.com) as the nameserver for my example.com domain? It's technically pointing to the correct server, but I'm not sure If the records of example.com can be accessed via the nameserver of example2.com.

I hope one of you guys can help me :)
Regards,
David

I haven't used Go Daddy for domains in while.

But as I can remember. First you have to create the HOST records. Then add the Nameservers.

Back