• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Going from Plesk 10 to Plesk 11, new server, upgrade path ?

NYJimbo

New Pleskian
I am not clear on how to determine the best upgrade path in processors because there are so many different types (cores, cache, speed) so when I upgrade a machine I sometimes get lost as to what is a next step up but not so expensive as to hurt my profits vs. monthly costs to rent servers.

Normally I would not ask for hardware recommendations here, but this is a dedicated PLESK server so maybe someone knows what PLESK needs more in a server that asking elsewhere would not know about.

For example, one of my clients is about to start another 25 sites and I think its time for one machine to be upgraded (move to new server). The current CPU is a Xeon X3460 running PLESK 10, which has been fine so far.

I am going to PLESK 11 and want to be sure I am making a good CPU choice for at least the next 12 months. My options are going to a server with a 1270 (sandybridge) or a 5320 (clovertown) or a 5405 (harpertown). Passmark shows the 1270 to be siginificantly higher in performance but several hosting providers show the 5320 or 5405 as being a "better choice" and those servers are priced higher than the 1270 based servers.

Is there something other than passmark I can use to determine what the best processor is within my price range ?
Thanks for any help or ideas.

Last edited:
Back