• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Gone down hill

Cameron_W

New Pleskian
Hello Parallels,

I have been having a great big problem with your stupid software. A few weeks ago our primary server crashed and after 12 hours of downtime, we decided to rebuild and restore the previous nights backup. This took us 44 hours to recover because your stupid pathetic backup manager corrupts the files. When your files are 50GB, you can imagine it takes time to download and extract the data manually. It took us 3 days before we got everyone back online.

Problem 2:
Emails on iPhones. This is causing me absolute grief. I now got clients saying that emails are not working on their phones after a while. They will need to go into their phone settings and physically remove the account and add it again to get access to their email. I have tried to increase the maxdeamons and max ip's in vi /etc/courier-imap/imapd with no luck.
At the moment it's:

MAXDAEMONS=512

##NAME: MAXPERIP:0
#
# Maximum number of connections to accept from the same IP address

MAXPERIP=256

Problem 3:
Roundcube webmail has not worked. I can login and view email but not be able to send email (the ajax icon keeps spinning). I had to dependently setup my own webmail, put a redirection in to the existing index.php to redirect to another domain on the server.

Problem 4:
Apache was saying that the memory is high. on advice from a independent sysadmin, I was told to remove Nginx. This was then very difficult to remove. We tried to remove it but when we did, the apache config was wiped.

I tried to pay for support through your stupid shopping portal and the order is still pending in my portal yet, you guys have taken my money.

At the end of the day, we have lost close to 12 clients mainly due to the email issues, I can't get hold of support because I don't have an active ticket in my portal and I can't phone you guys. Parrallels used to be great but since going to 10 and now 11 and 11.5, the software really is ****. I'm currently investigating other options at the moment. Speaking with other admins, they are also thinking of the same thing. Especially when I pay nearly $100 per month.

I would like someone to contact me regarding this.

Regards,

Cameron

Last edited:
Back