• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Google Compute Engine

Nilbud

New Pleskian
I host WordPress sites. I'm not proud of it but it has to be done. If I'm going to do it I might as well do it right.
Plesk is the control panel I picked after many painful experiences. I don't regret my choice.

What I would like though is a procedure or routine which will give me a nice tidy install which runs efficiently in it's environment. Which is GCE.

Initially I open up the needed ports in the firewall
I fired up the latest version of CentOs Google had, enabled root, installed Plesk.
Set up a single external ip.
I use free cloudflare to handle DNS.
Self signed SSL SSI connection to cloudflare, only cloudflare IPs allowed in.
Gmail API scripts to handle email. Backups are to Google Drive or S3 storage.
Between cloudflare, fail2ban and just not having email or ftp it hangs together so far.

I want to set up a fresh install of 12.5 and transfer my sites. Can anyone improve on my routine and perhaps advise me on nginx as it pertains to WordPress with Yoast and possible caching. I'm not going to install the cloudflare extension.

I'd like to do as much as possible without having to edit scripts because of reality. I can do the tricky stuff I just would rather not.

Currently I have about 15 sites running at a pretty low level I probably won't go over 50. Seeing as I do everything from the Analytics to the Backups I'm a firm believer in minimalism.

Back