• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Google PageSpeed Insights imroving

CoyoteKG

Regular Pleskian
Hello,
I just installed this Plesk's extension and started to follow instructions. And for now I improved few things.
It is strange, extension showing Result: 79 / 100, but Google Page insights site 68/100, but that is not my question.

I'm reading this guide Google PageSpeed Insights - How to optimize your site to rank higher - Plesk and it is very useful.

I have problem for now with "Leverage browser caching", and I added this in "Additional nginx directives",
Code:
location ~* \.(?:ico|css|js|gif|jpe?g|png|svg|woff)$ {
    expires 30d;
    add_header Pragma public;
    add_header Cache-Control "public";
}

and most of the reported links are fixed. But some links for google maps are still there

upload_2017-10-20_16-6-13.png

How to solve that?

Thanks

Hello,
I just installed this Plesk's extension and started to follow instructions. And for now I improved few things.
It is strange, extension showing Result: 79 / 100, but Google Page insights site 68/100, but that is not my question.

I'm reading this guide Google PageSpeed Insights - How to optimize your site to rank higher - Plesk and it is very useful.

I have problem for now with "Leverage browser caching", and I added this in "Additional nginx directives",
Code:
location ~* \.(?:ico|css|js|gif|jpe?g|png|svg|woff)$ {
    expires 30d;
    add_header Pragma public;
    add_header Cache-Control "public";
}

and most of the reported links are fixed. But some links for google maps are still there

View attachment 13652

How to solve that?

Thanks

Hello @CoyoteKG , you can even allow browser cache for all static files :
Code:
# Cache static files
location ~* \.(ogg|ogv|svg|svgz|eot|otf|woff|mp4|ttf|css|rss|atom|js|jpg|jpeg|gif|png|ico|zip|tgz|gz|rar|bz2|doc|xls|exe|ppt|tar|mid|midi|wav|bmp|rtf|swf|webp)$ {
  add_header "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" "*";
  access_log off;
  log_not_found off;
  expires max;
}

But you can only change browser cache duration for assets loaded from your domain. For external assests, there is no way to change it.

Hi @virtubox, and thank you for respond.

I guess that is the problem because google map is external.
So there is no chance to improve result to 100/100 if we have google map on homepage.

Back