• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Issue with Cors

PeopleInside

Regular Pleskian
Hi,
I need some help. Today I updated the live helper chat on my server simply uploading file by FTP as always do and updating database from live helper chat itself.

I discovered after that my widget chat is no more showed on all my websites

I was think the new live helper chat version was bugged so I restored files and database but the issue persist.
Now restoring my previous files and database is not resolving.

Can you help me to understand how can I solve?
In the past I opened a discussion here that helped me: Forwarded to devs - HTTP2 and CORS issues

but I never removed or changed server configuration so the directives are already here on the domain configuration.

Code:
location ~* ^/internal-nginx-static-location/(.+\.(gif|jpe?g?|png|bmp|swf|css|js|svg|otf|eot|ttf|woff|woff2|swf|mp3|ogg|wasm|wav|pdf|ico|txt))$ {
    alias /var/www/vhosts/example.org/httpdocs/$1;
    internal;
    add_header Access-Control-Allow-Origin '*';
    add_header Access-Control-Allow-Methods 'GET, POST, OPTIONS, PUT, DELETE';
    add_header Access-Control-Allow-Headers 'Origin, X-Requested-With, Content-Type, Accept, API-Key, Authorization, X-Test';
}

I really don't understand why now I have this core issue in the browser console and the widget chat is not showed.
Any help will be appreciated, I have my chat that is no more showing and this is a bad issue for me.

I recently updated Plesk to the version 18.0.52,
I dont want this can be a BUG or issue in Plesk as looks strange to me that restore files and database of the live chat to a previous version that was working, is not working anymore.

I can just wait any help because I'm spending hours without be able to resolve.
The chat developer has said to me the issue seems come from my server and the latest version works well, this made sense as I'm not able to see working even a restored backup.

If I stop the service Reverse Proxy Server (nginx) so renouncing to HTTP2 the chat widget is again visible.
As soon I reactivate the Reverse Proxy Server (nginx) the widget is no more visible.

I never change settings in my server, the only server update that was made, I think is Plesk from the previous version 18.0.51 to this new one.
I really hope to understand what I can do for keep having HTTP2.

If this issue cannot be soon solved I need turn off HTTP2, my live chat is no more working if I don't do this, in the meantime maybe I have to keep the issue present and wait here so ... who read can visit my website, see the errors in console and maybe let me know.

I will now disable HTTP 2 and Nigix waiting for support here, this is made to have my live chat service widget online back visible to visitors.
My live chat is installed at livechat.peopleinside.it

In the domain I have this:

All is as I had for mounts and mounts.
I'm unable now to understand why the widget is no more visible for CORS issue... the only think is that I upgraded Plesk.
Stopping Reverse Proxy Server (nginx) seems resolve but this forbid me to use HTTP2

Waiting your feedback. If you see now the live chat widget back is because I disabled HTTP2 and stopped Reverse Proxy Server (nginx)

A video to show you error in console why the issue is present, after this video I will disable HTTP2 and Ngix for now until help doesnt let me know what to do, thanks!

@Peter Debik you seems never understand why this topic.
Even all settings suggested in the topic mentioned from you, the CORS are now no more working after update Plesk.

Can you please help me to understand if is a BUG or why now, without I do anything the CORS a re no more working?
I had to disable HTTP2 and Ngix proxy to have it working.

I think you are wrong, this is related to Plesk!
The issue seems to be caused by Plesk as as soon I disable HTTP2 all works, as all was working the only edit done was upgrade Plesk.

I am sorry that you feel I do not understand you. I don't know how to explain it better than what has already been explained in detail in Forwarded to devs - HTTP2 and CORS issues. It's a perfect presentation what is technically happening and what the limits are. If it does not work for you as expected I would like to ask you to please open a Plesk support ticket. Maybe another engineer can check it in more detail for you and give you a better explanation.

Moving this topic here is like say: no help.
My request is not related to something that is not Plesk.

The issue is caused by Plesk.
Even the developer of the chat has indicated to me there is no issue chat side and I configured all.
Resuming a backup never resolve so it's a server issue.

Your reply and move my topic away from the Plesk help section, asking to pay to contact support by ticket is really ... bad :( this will mean I cannot use anymore HTTP" if I dont get help.

@Peter Debik
  • why this cannot be an issue with the latest Plesk version?
I already know the issue with CORS has been discussed in Forwarded to devs - HTTP2 and CORS issues and this topic was resolving my issue BUT after updating Plesk now is no more working.

I'm asking help because is Plesk that never support HTTP2 with Apache only,
the help in the mentioned topic was fundamental to have the server working.

I never changed nothing in the server, why the previous instrunction you given is no more working?
I was just updating live helper chat and was first think the issue was in this update so I contacted the developer of the chat and checked there was no issue with the latest version. I restored so the working previous backup but issue still exist.

Then I had the confirm of the issue coming from Plesk and HTTP 2 because stopping Ngix so stopping HTTP 2 the live chat widget are back visible.
I want use HTTP 2 so I'm hoping in some help.

This is not a Generic question not related to Plesk, I think.

Yes, it is correct that Plesk does not support HTTP/2 with Apache only. If you believe that this is an important feature, please vote for it here: Support for HTTP/2 on APACHE (only) without using nginx as proxy! And Server Push!

Plesk itself is not involved in the web servers. It is a graphical user surface and command line interface to configure web, mail and database servers more easily. It cannot deliver a custom solution for a special live chat software that runs on a subdomain and needs CORS configurations to operate properly, because Plesk is neither the vendor of the software you use, neither developed your website for you, nor knows your software requirements.

But you can set all required configurations for your software to run correctly. If your developer could please tell you what CORS settings need to be applied to Nginx, you can easily set these. The web server directives are set as you enter them. There is no bug in Plesk that does not set these directives. You can set custom directives, but you have to know what directives to set yourself. When you provide the correct settings for your software it will work in your web server configuration. What you are expecting here from Plesk is that Plesk should know the correct settings for your individual case for you. It can be that there is users here who happen to know them, but probably this is more an individual task that requires research and on-server checks. For that reason I can only recommend to let an engineer do that work for you if you cannot do it yourself.

You bought a license from a reseller for some reason, one may have been to save money on the license price. Resellers are obligued to also provide support for you. Doesn't your reseller provide the support that he should provide? Licenses bought from Plesk directly include full Plesk support. But you are expecting full Plesk support although you chose a license without Plesk support. We've had the same discussion here before. The bottom line is: If you buy a license without Plesk support, you can get Plesk support through a support subscription only. You cannot expect to receive the same individual case support through the forum by Plesk staff that is normally paid through a Plesk license or support subscripiton. This is a user-for-user forum. It is not a replacement for authentic Plesk engineer support for persons who don't want to buy support. I know you don't want to hear that, but this is how things are, and there is nothing wrong with that. You are welcome to ask questions on the forum, and as I see you have received a huge amount of support through the forum before, but please do not expect individual ticket-style Plesk support. For that we have the real Plesk support service.

I don't know what to say Peter about your reply.
All was working, updating Plesk and now is not working.

The correct CORE settings has been written by someone that help in the other discussion to developers.
What is really strange is that restore a backup of the previous live chat working is not working so the issue is in server side not in the chat.

Plesk was already configured correctly to work and was working, after the Plesk update is no more working.
I never changed any CORS directive and I also restored a backup where the live chat was working and is not working with HTTP 2

So I suppose simply I need to keep them broken as it is or I have to pay to get support for something that worked before the Plesk update.

Thanks, I have no idea why.
Restoring a backup on my mind should made all work as was working before, chat script side.

Server side the only edit I can remember is the Plesk update.
Thanks anyway, I understand that without a paid ticket I will never resolve this issue.

For now I will keep HTTP 2 disabled with my sad.
I already voted for have HTTP 2 in Apache.

Thanks and sorry for the stress of my topic.

There were no changes to the web servers in the past updates. Please check the change log here: Change Log for Plesk Obsidian
Maybe it is no longer working because something else changed on your server or in your software.
Live Helper Chat has never changed the CORS instruction.
The instructions about CORE has not been changed

Code:
AddType application/wasm .wasm

<Files ~ "\.(gif|jpe?g?|png|bmp|swf|css|js|svg|otf|eot|ttf|woff|woff2|swf|mp3|ogg|wasm|map|wav|pdf|ico|txt)$">
  Header always Set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
  Header always Set Access-Control-Allow-Methods: "GET, POST, OPTIONS, PUT, DELETE"
  Header always Set Access-Control-Allow-Headers: "Origin, X-Requested-With, Content-Type, Accept, API-Key, Authorization"
</Files>

So those are the instructions that works with Apache and .htaccess now need this works in the Ngix proxy that Plesk use to support HTTP 2.

In the past the team helped to resolve this issue by replying how to fix here: Forwarded to devs - HTTP2 and CORS issues

My server has not been changed just upgraded Plesk then I discovered this CORS instruction in Nigix are no more working.
  • How can I think the issue is not caused by Plesk?
The only doubt I can have is: have I changed the software or the domain where the chat is installed? The reply is not because even if I restore the database and full domain files backup at when all works correctly, is not working.

I really want report this as BUG and issue because my side I really don't see an issue from ME.

The test:

The resolution:

Back