• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question google pagespeed insights

zoni

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I have this extension installed in plesk onyx and with the latest update it installed mod_pagespeed module for apache which is great, the problem is pagespeed module becomes immediately activated on all vhosts which may cause some problems.

Is there a way of disabling mod_pagespeed my default on all vhosts and instead have it enabled on demand per domain?

It would be great if this extension could control the on/off of mod_pagespeed on the user level as well as a flush cache capability also per vhost having pagespeed cache stored on each vhost directory.

For now what is the better way for making pagespeed work independently in each vhost without putting "mod_pagespeed off" on each one?

Thanks

Hi zoni,

the problem is pagespeed module becomes immediately activated on all vhosts which may cause some problems.
Could you pls. describe the issues/errors/problems in detail, as it is absolutely unclear, what "some problems" are.

Is there a way of disabling mod_pagespeed my default on all vhosts and instead have it enabled on demand per domain?
No, sorry. Such an option doesn't exist.

Hi,

What I meant is that some sites are not compatible with mod_pagespeed, in my case 2 sites were broken after activating this module.

Some users have already wordpress plugins that optimize css, js, etc, so I was hoping this extension could control mod_pagespeed on the user level on future releases. An On/Off control would be sufficient.

It would be great for example to disable or enable mod_pagespeed for a number of sites in a list.

Mod_pagespeed is great but it needs to be controllable in a hosting environment, with many users and sites.

yes I know the difference I just started this thread precisely because the extension google pagespeed insights now installs and activates the module for apache mod_pagespeed for all vhosts.

Hi zoni,

your statements still doesn't explain your issues/errors/problems, why it is impossible to suggest solutions/work-arounds. If you would be more precise and detailed ( depending log - entries, depending configuration files, depending additional vhosts - configurations, depending plugins, ... ), you might have the chance to get some help from people willing to help you. ;)

At the moment, I can only suggest to disable the ( optional ) extension, if you experience issues/errors/problems. :(

Hi,

You can disable per domain in
Apache & nginx Settings
page you can just add

ModPagespeed Off

Back