• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Google put every mail into SPAM

CobraArbok

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.49 Update #2
All mail sent from mailbox in Plesk to Google mailbox is placed in spam folder.
Newsletters spam test by mail-tester.com suggests:
For SpamAssassin
  • Message has a DKIM or DK signature, not necessarily valid. This rule is automatically applied if your email contains a DKIM signature but other positive rules will also be added if your DKIM signature is valid. See immediately below.
  • Delivered to internal network by hosts with dynamic-looking rDNS
  • SPF: HELO does not publish an SPF Record
I had already created the TXT record starting from
  • Use DKIM spam protection system to sign outgoing email messages - How to configure external DNS
something probably needs to change.

What's you're question exactly?

There are many topic about email delivery on this forum. Using the search function helps you to find these topics. They may contain information that is useful to you too.

There's not much to do for the configurations. If you send yourself an email from your web mail to your gmail email, open the original message to view the header information. That header information will give you details of why it was possibly sent to spam so you can adjust accordingly. Without header details it makes it harder to help.

Following the article that maartenv provided is a very good starting point as well.

I continue to have my sent mail considered as SPAM, both by Google and by some recipients and I no longer know how to fix the problem.

List Unsubscribe
Creating a header in Roundcube doesn't fix it because the mail could be sent from Outlook or Thunderbird.
From what I understand, we need to configure Postfix in Plesk instead, but I didn't understand how to do it.

SPF:HELO
Mail-Tester returns me this message
"SPF_HELO_NONE SPF: HELO does not publish an SPF Record"

Instead IsNotSpam reports this other message
"HELO hostname: sweet-hoover.MY-Plesk-IP.plesk.page
Source IP: MY-Plesk-IP
mail-from: [email protected]
Anonymous To: [email protected]"

RDNS
I set this value, but I don't know if it's correct.
sweet-hoover.MY-Plesk-IP.plesk.page
The ASP had given me a generic value referring to their server, but I saw that it was then reported as incorrect.

SpamAssasin values
IsNotSpam report this messages:
* 0.0 URIBL_BLOCKED ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL was blocked.
* See DnsBlocklists - SPAMASSASSIN - Apache Software Foundation
* for more information.
* [URIs: pec.it]

Note: PEC.IT is a ASP for signed mailboxes according to the specifications of the Italian public administration.

* 3.5 BAYES_99 BODY: Bayes spam probability is 99 to 100%
* [score: 1.0000]
* -1.5 SPF_CHECK_PASS SPF reports sender host as permitted sender for
* sender-domain
* -0.0 SPF_PASS SPF: sender matches SPF record
* 0.2 BAYES_999 BODY: Bayes spam probability is 99.9 to 100%
* [score: 1.0000]
* 1.4 HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_28 BODY: HTML: images with 2400-2800 bytes of words
* 0.1 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
* -0.1 DKIM_VALID_AU Message has a valid DKIM or DK signature from author's
* domain
* 0.1 DKIM_SIGNED Message has a DKIM or DK signature, not necessarily
* valid
* -0.1 DKIM_VALID Message has at least one valid DKIM or DK signature
* 1.0 RDNS_DYNAMIC Delivered to internal network by host with
* dynamic-looking rDNS
X-Spam-Status: Yes, hits=4.6 required=-20.0 tests=BAYES_99,BAYES_999,
DKIM_SIGNED,DKIM_VALID,DKIM_VALID_AU,HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_28,HTML_MESSAGE,
RDNS_DYNAMIC,SPF_CHECK_PASS,SPF_PASS,URIBL_BLOCKED autolearn=no
autolearn_force=no version=3.4.0
X-Spam-Score: 4.6

DNS
DNS is managed on the ASP server, not Plesk.
These are some values
TXT @ "v=spf1 +a +mx +a:Server-Name.MY-PLESK-DOMAIN.eu -all"
TXT _dmarc "v=DMARC1; p=none"
TXT _domainkey "o=-"
TXT default._domainkey "v=DKIM1; p=hexadecimal string ;"

I had already tried to configure SPF by entering the domain used to send mail, but in other posts on the net I read that I must instead indicate the domain of the Plesk server, even if the TXT record is the one relating to the domain used for mail.

Logo Image
I tried both to insert in the signature of the emails sent both directly the image of the logo in the signature of the emails or inserting instead a link to an image saved in the folder on the Plesk server.

is not a valid Full Qualified Domain Name for your server.
Please change hostname of server to one related to your domain.
My hostname is entered correctly (name-server.domain.tld)
Mail-Tester gives me another error with the hostname and instead suggests me again

Your IP address MY-IP is associated with the MYDOMAIN.TLD domain. Instead, your message appears to have been sent from sweet-hoover.MY-Plesk-IP.plesk.page You should change the PTR record in your DNS (generally your provider takes care of this) to match your server's hostname. Here are the values checked on this control: IP: MY-IP HELO: sweet-hoover.MY-Plesk-IP.plesk.page rDNS: MY-HOSTNAME-MYDOMAIN.TLD

sweet-hoover.MY-Plesk-IP.plesk.page is not a valid hostname/FQDN for a server but a testing placeholder.

Check reverse DNS and IP for your domain at your domain hoster. DNS/IP updates can take some minutes up to many hours.

What gives a DNS check with the bad domain:
dig @8.8.8.8 sweet-hoover.MY-Plesk-IP.plesk.page +short
What gives a DNS check with IP:
dig @8.8.8.8 -x IPHERE +short

sweet-hoover.MY-Plesk-IP.plesk.page is not a valid hostname/FQDN for a server but a testing placeholder.

Check reverse DNS and IP for your domain at your domain hoster. DNS/IP updates can take some minutes up to many hours.
With MXToolbox, the rDNS of my IP just returns sweet-hoover.MY-Plesk-IP.plesk.page and reports it correct.
Furthermore, I repeat, my Full Hostname is reported to me as an error by Mail-Tester and instead it is this name that is suggested to me

sweet-hoover.MY-Plesk-IP.plesk.page as FQDN. Why do you need to use it? Do you ant to hide your domains to others?

sweet-hoover.MY-Plesk-IP.plesk.page as FQDN. Why do you need to use it? Do you ant to hide your domains to others?
I don't want to hide anything.
I have problems with mail going to SPAM and using that name as reverse DNS is one of the suggestions

1. Set a regular FQDN as hostname in Plesk;
means: If your main domain is thisisa.ork give the server the hostname f.ex. sv1.thisisa.ork

2. Set this FQDN in domain hoster's DNS settings reverse DNS if your server IP

3. Check settings in /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/hostname and /etc/hosts

If that does not work or you have less knowledge what that all emeans, a paid support could help you.

* 3.5 BAYES_99 BODY: Bayes spam probability is 99 to 100%
* 0.2 BAYES_999 BODY: Bayes spam probability is 99.9 to 100%
* 1.4 HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_28 BODY: HTML: images with 2400-2800 bytes of words
X-Spam-Status: Yes, hits=4.6 required=-20.0 tests=BAYES_99,BAYES_999,
DKIM_SIGNED,DKIM_VALID,DKIM_VALID_AU,HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_28,HTML_MESSAGE,
RDNS_DYNAMIC,SPF_CHECK_PASS,SPF_PASS,URIBL_BLOCKED autolearn=no
autolearn_force=no version=3.4.0
X-Spam-Score: 4.6
Apparently what you're trying to send is spam or at least looks very much (>99.9%) like it.

@GwenDragon
@mow

I have already replied, several times, to your comments.
I repeat them again:
  1. My server name is Server-Name
  2. My domain name is my-plesk-domain.eu
  3. In Plesk, Tool & Settings / Server Settings I registered the Full hostname Server-Name.my-plesk-domain.eu. It's always been this.
  4. The server is a VPS at 1and1
  5. 1and1 Support reported me this name for Reverse DNS their-code.their-server.cloud
  6. mail-tester.com reports it wrong and suggests me sweet-hoover.MY-Plesk-IP.plesk.page
  7. ping sweet-hoover.MY-Plesk-IP.plesk.page works
  8. dig @8.8.8.8 -x MY-IP +short return sweet-hoover.MY-Plesk-IP.plesk.page
  9. dig @8.8.8.8 sweet-hoover.MY-Plesk-IP.plesk.page +short return nothing.
  10. Inserting sweet-hoover.MY-Plesk-IP.plesk.page as reverse DNS the error disappears
  11. If I enter the hostname Server-Name.my-plesk-domain.eu as reverse DNS, it is signaled again by mail-tester.com as an error and it is presented again sweet-hoover.MY-Plesk-IP.plesk.page as solution.
So, I don't think my problem is the Reverse DNS.

The Mail-Tester and IsNotSpam reports that concern me are:

List Unsubscribe
Creating a header in Roundcube doesn't fix it because the mail could be sent from Outlook or Thunderbird.
From what I understand, we need to configure Postfix in Plesk instead, but I didn't understand how to do it.
On the net I read that if I don't solve the List_Unsubscribe issue, all mail to domains managed by Google, Yahoo, Outlook, Exchange goes into SPAM.

SPF:HELO
Mail-Tester returns me this message
"SPF_HELO_NONE SPF: HELO does not publish an SPF Record"

Instead IsNotSpam reports this other message
"HELO hostname: sweet-hoover.MY-Plesk-IP.plesk.page
Source IP: MY-Plesk-IP
mail-from: [email protected]
Anonymous To: [email protected]"

SPAM Assasin
The SpamAssasin values are very high, but I don't understand what causes it.
  1. The domain is rarely used.
  2. The domain is not present in any blacklist.
  3. never made mailing lists.
  4. The emails sent to date are few and of a "business" type.
  5. Also for the test emails i'm using plain text and the final signature with logo and disclaimer.
UCEPROTECT
I detect a report only from UCEProtect/3, but related to the IP, not the domain.
1and1 says these are false positives and that it doesn't affect the SPAM rating.

For SpamAssassin
  • Message has a DKIM or DK signature, not necessarily valid. This rule is automatically applied if your email contains a DKIM signature but other positive rules will also be added if your DKIM signature is valid. See immediately below.
  • Use DKIM spam protection system to sign outgoing email messages also check out may be this helps me verify invalid emails- How to configure external DNS
something probably needs to change.
Hello. The issue you're experiencing with your emails landing in the spam folder when sent from Plesk to Google may be due to problems with your email authentication. To fix this, validate your DKIM signature, configure rDNS properly, and ensure your SPF record is correctly set up. Using a free email verifier tool can help check your email's validity and may help resolve the problem. hope this helps

For SpamAssassin
  • Use DKIM spam protection system to sign outgoing email messages - How to configure external DNS
something probably needs to change. you can check site may be this will help you https://www.zerobounce.net/free-email-verifier/
did you get your solution or still have the same issue?

Back