• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved google workspace - dns record priority 1 missing.

Rendor9

New Pleskian
hi, I'm asking about google suite, now called workspace. I have to configure dns records but google is asking me for a priority 1 record. Plesk only allows me priority 0, 5, 10, etc. If the priority 1 record is missing google does not allow me to continue with the installation of workspace and the use of gmail for the whole company. Any idea? Thanks!!

Are sure you Google won't validate your DNS because of the priority value on MX records? It's been a while since I've setup Workspace manually but I can't remember ever having an issue with alternative priority values on MX records. The Google Workspace help article seems to suggest alternative priority values are okay to use: Google Workspace MX record values - Google Workspace Admin Help

In any case, you could run this command to add an MX record to an specific domain with any priority value you like.
plesk bin dns -add example.com -mx '' -mailexchanger aspmx.l.google.com -priority 1

See Plesk CLI documentation for DNS records on this link.
Edit: which has been solved in Plesk v18.0.30.

Last edited:
I see there is a known issue with Plesk about not being able to set the priority value to 1 on MX records. So I might be wrong about the validation aspect of using alternative priority values.

The CLI method can be used as a workaround tough.

Are sure you Google won't validate your DNS because of the priority value on MX records? It's been a while since I've setup Workspace manually but I can't remember ever having an issue with alternative priority values on MX records. The Google Workspace help article seems to suggest alternative priority values are okay to use: Google Workspace MX record values - Google Workspace Admin Help

In any case, you could run this command to add an MX record to an specific domain with any priority value you like.
plesk bin dns -add example.com -mx '' -mailexchanger aspmx.l.google.com -priority 1

See Plesk CLI documentation for DNS records on this link.

the google people changed the system, I have some old domains with gsuite working ok, but now with the new workspace, with a priority 0 record, google rejects it and asks me for priority 1. I want to try with the plesk dns commands but I am afraid, the dns are very important and it is not a matter for mistakes. I want to be sure. Thanks

Then, this work ok. With root ssh:

plesk bin dns --add mysite.com -mx '' -mailexchanger ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM -priority 1

thanks to all.

Back