• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Unable to receive emails: 550 5.1.1 Recipient not found

wedge

New Pleskian
I can send emails to anybody but can only receive emails from server emails. Any outside emails would bounce back with "550 5.1.1 Recipient not found".

I have this exact issue but the fix didn't work "https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...-receive-emails-550-5-1-1-Recipient-not-found"

Cause = 3rd-party MX records are configured on the registrar side.

I do have these mx records on the registrar side:
example.com MX 0 smtp.europe.secureserver.net.
example.com MX 10 mailstore1.europe.secureserver.net.

The resolution was to remove "example.com MX 0 smtp.europe.secureserver.net."
from plesk dns but i don't have that record there.

Your MX records must point to your host, not to the provider or the example-domains. If your hostname was mickey.tld, then you'd want to see
@ MX 10 mickey.tld
as your MX record. You can test with mxtoolbox.com where your MX record is pointing.

I've added a record - mx @ mail."mydomain".com. priority10

Should i delete these 2
MX 0 smtp.europe.secureserver.net.
MX 10 mailstore1.europe.secureserver.net.

If you want to receive emails at mydomain.com, only that one MX record for mydomain.com is necessary. In that case delete the other MX records of the domain.

By the way, just because those MX records aren't in your DNS settings doesn't mean your DNS settings is what's actually being used. If your name server is still set to use NameCheap or Godaddy or whoever, then it will use whatever records that's set in there. So you need to make sure your DNS is set properly everywhere.

But yes you will to make sure you only have the proper MX records set, any additional records set that points to a location where a mailbox doesn't exist will end in failure if it decides to go that route, and make sure your MX record is set to highest (which is usually 0 if you're able to see it as 0, you could set it at 5 or 10 or any other number if this is the only record you'll have).

By the way, just because those MX records aren't in your DNS settings doesn't mean your DNS settings is what's actually being used. If your name server is still set to use NameCheap or Godaddy or whoever, then it will use whatever records that's set in there. So you need to make sure your DNS is set properly everywhere.

But yes you will to make sure you only have the proper MX records set, any additional records set that points to a location where a mailbox doesn't exist will end in failure if it decides to go that route, and make sure your MX record is set to highest (which is usually 0 if you're able to see it as 0, you could set it at 5 or 10 or any other number if this is the only record you'll have).
I see 4 CNAMES (mail, email, imap, smtp, pop). They are pointing to godaddy mail servers i believe. Should I change the value of those to my domain name?

Back