• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Grafana Extension: How to log in to Grafana outside of Plesk?

susodigital

New Pleskian
Hi,

I'm using Grafana Extension and I enabled `allow_superadmin` and all that.

Now, I added the new users, but I have no idea how they can log in to Grafana - I don't want to create Plesk accounts for them.

I noticed there was a question about this on this forum some time ago (Monitoring [former Advanced Monitoring] extension in Plesk) but it did not get any responses.

Maybe someone could shed some light on this?

Thanks

Grafana as it is provided is an extension to Plesk. Characteristic for an extension is that this is not a stand-alone solution, but extends the capabilities of the existing Plesk environment. You can expand the capabilities of the Grafana extension, but it still remains an extension to Plesk, not a stand-alone installation. There may be some way to access it from outside Plesk, but I could not find documentation on it, and it will not be supported either. It is not meant as a stand-alone application.

As Grafana is open source, please feel free to install your own Grafana on a server to use it for analysis and chart display beyond what was designed in and for the Plesk environment.

Also, if you would like to have the existing module as a stand-alone application or with a direct access feature like phpMyAdmin, maybe the best option is to create request here: Feature Suggestions: Top (2198 ideas) – Your Ideas for Plesk If this becomes popular, developers will consider adding the feature to Plesk.

The extension installs and configures the Grafana for correct integration with Plesk (auto-login based on OAuth; configured via official "grafana.ini" config file on a server).
As an alternative, probably the KB article https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...-several-Plesk-servers-with-Grafana-extension could help to deploy a new dedicated instance (without Plesk) with Grafana for collecting data from any supported sources including Plesk server(s).

Back