• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input HA (High Availability) Cluster and LB (Load Balancing) Cluster for Plesk.

Automata

Basic Pleskian
Hi dear Plesk Team,

Any news about the Plesk feature request for HA (High Availability) Cluster and LB (Load Balancing) Cluster ?

This feature request on Plesk Uservoice it is the most requested and voted in absolute, in fact it is in place number 1, have over 1237 votes, over 151 comments and was created on 31 December 2013 so over 7 years and 11 months ago (also on March 10, 2020 you also created a survey for this feature request) !!!

How is it possible that the Plesk Team failed to implement it in over 2890 days (almost 8 years) ?

I can understand that it involves a fair amount of work and many changes in Plesk but almost 8 years of time seems more than enough to implement this feature request, also considering that Plesk is not free and also costs a lot, you should offer more to your paying customers.

After nearly 8 years of waiting, over 1237 votes and over 151 comments, it would be much more serious of you to make it clear that you will never implement this feature request !!!

I look forward to receiving an official and definitive response from the Plesk Team here.

Thanks in advance for the support.

Yes, we admit that we are unfortunately late in implementing this feature. The relevance of HA/multi-server configuration to the masses has only recently become apparent, and previously we did not find enough resources to accomplish this complex task.
I must say that we are really planning to implement this feature. We have plans and strategy. But we cannot talk about exact dates yet.

Yes, we admit that we are unfortunately late in implementing this feature. The relevance of HA/multi-server configuration to the masses has only recently become apparent, and previously we did not find enough resources to accomplish this complex task.
I must say that we are really planning to implement this feature. We have plans and strategy. But we cannot talk about exact dates yet.

Hi dear Plesk Team and dear IgorG,

Since my last message, another 8 months have passed about 240 days and unfortunately there is no update on your part and no news about it and for this reason I propose the same question that I already asked you 8 months, obviously updated on everything the time that you have still passed without doing anything while we customers in bulk continue to pay you a lot of money and to request this very important function but apparently you do not care at all the opinion of thousands of your customers who continue to enrich you without get no answer from you and in the meantime ...

Any news about the Plesk
feature request for HA (High Availability) Cluster and LB (Load Balancing) Cluster ?

This feature request on Plesk Uservoice it is the most requested and voted in absolute, in fact it is in place number 1, have over 1369 votes, over 180 comments and was created on 31 December 2013 so over 8 years and 7 months ago (also on March 10, 2020 you also created a survey for this feature request) !!!

How is it possible that the Plesk Team failed to implement it in over 3130 days (almost 9 years) ?

I can understand that it involves a fair amount of work and many changes in Plesk but almost 9 years of time seems more than enough to implement this feature request, also considering that Plesk is not free and also costs a lot, you should offer more to your paying customers.

After nearly 9 years of waiting, over 1369 votes and over 180 comments, it would be much more serious of you to make it clear that you will never implement this feature request !!!

I look forward to receiving an official and definitive response from the Plesk Team here.

Obviously I invite all Plesk users and customers interested to make themselves heard and participate in this discussion in order to have an answer and some updates from Plesk !!!

This is the link on the official Plesk UserVoice Feature Request:

Feature request for HA (High Availability) Cluster and LB (Load Balancing) Cluster ?

This is the link on the discussion of the official Plesk support site:

https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213931225-Does-Plesk-support-any-cluster-solutions-

Since my last message, another 8 months have passed about 240 days and unfortunately there is no update on your part and no news about it and for this reason I propose the same question that I already asked you 8 months, obviously updated on everything the time that you have still passed without doing anything while we customers in bulk continue to pay you a lot of money and to request this very important function but apparently you do not care at all the opinion of thousands of your customers who continue to enrich you without get no answer from you and in the meantime ...

Any news about the Plesk
feature request for HA (High Availability) Cluster and LB (Load Balancing) Cluster ?

This feature request on Plesk Uservoice it is the most requested and voted in absolute, in fact it is in place number 1, have over 1369 votes, over 180 comments and was created on 31 December 2013 so over 8 years and 7 months ago (also on March 10, 2020 you also created a survey for this feature request) !!!

How is it possible that the Plesk Team failed to implement it in over 3130 days (almost 9 years) ?

I can understand that it involves a fair amount of work and many changes in Plesk but almost 9 years of time seems more than enough to implement this feature request, also considering that Plesk is not free and also costs a lot, you should offer more to your paying customers.

After nearly 9 years of waiting, over 1369 votes and over 180 comments, it would be much more serious of you to make it clear that you will never implement this feature request !!!

Obviously I invite all Plesk users and customers interested to make themselves heard and participate in this discussion in order to have an answer and some updates from Plesk !!!

This is the link on the official Plesk UserVoice Feature Request:

Feature request for HA (High Availability) Cluster and LB (Load Balancing) Cluster ?

This is the link on the discussion of the official Plesk support site:

https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213931225-Does-Plesk-support-any-cluster-solutions-

Kindly some Plesk Manager or Administrator can deign to answer in an exhaustive manner to this legitimate request of mine that affects thousands of Plesk users and customers or you want to continue to ignore it because in this case you would certainly not make a good impression indeed !!!

Hi @Automata,

I'm a Program Manager for Plesk.

Thank you for your request. I agree that we definitely could be better in the clarity of communication regarding some topics.

And it's true, that implementation of this feature requires a lot of work. Besides huge investments, the main reason why the feature was not implemented yet is that we clearly see demand for this feature, but expectations are very various. I would appreciate it if you provide a use-case for why this feature is so important for you. Could you answer the following questions:

- Please describe your business case and what type of applications you are hosting/maintaining. Why it's so critical to have HA/Failover?
- How many projects/websites do you have that require HA/Failover?
- How do you solving the lack of HA/Failover now?
- Over these years, have you tried to use 3rd-party solutions to satisfy this request? Could you share your experience? Do you ready to pay for a 3rd-party solution?

It's important for us to collect scenarios to properly evaluate investments and define a feature scope.

Thank you in addition.

Re. ETA of implementation I could say that we do not have plans to start the implementation of HA/Failover in 2021. We will back to planning new features at the beginning of the next year. Thank you for understanding.

Me too would like to answer the questions posed to Automata.
Why it's so critical to have HA/Failover?
Really you're asking "why it's so critical"?

A failover is critical in thousands of activities that cannot accept downtime (big e-commerce stores, hospitals, event booking... and so on, there are thousands of thousands of businesses in the world that would like/need to always be online no matter what happens).

You don't need to learn details about the activity to understand that it's a critical feature.

Believe or not, a feature like this for Plesk would make it a winning product because it would allow continuity solutions at much lower prices than those required for virtualized structures (bare metal, hypervisor licenses, maintenance etc.).
- How many projects/websites do you have that require HA/Failover?
What difference does it make? We are talking at least about at least 1369 users with different scenarios, not only Automata.
- How do you solving the lack of HA/Failover now?
In my case: floating IP, MySQL replication and Rsync.
- Over these years, have you tried to use 3rd-party solutions to satisfy this request? Could you share your experience? Do you ready to pay for a 3rd-party solution?
If we had found them, we wouldn't be here to ask. Of course I am ready to pay for a 3rd party solution, if needed.
It's important for us to collect scenarios to properly evaluate investments and define a feature scope.
This is just taking more time. After 9 years I can't believe it's still needed to collect informations to evaluate investments.
Unless the request has been ignored until now, of course.
Re. ETA of implementation I could say that we do not have plans to start the implementation of HA/Failover in 2021.
That was clear.

Me too would like to answer the questions posed to Automata.

Really you're asking "why it's so critical"?

A failover is critical in thousands of activities that cannot accept downtime (big e-commerce stores, hospitals, event booking... and so on, there are thousands of thousands of businesses in the world that would like/need to always be online no matter what happens).

You don't need to learn details about the activity to understand that it's a critical feature.

Believe or not, a feature like this for Plesk would make it a winning product because it would allow continuity solutions at much lower prices than those required for virtualized structures (bare metal, hypervisor licenses, maintenance etc.).

What difference does it make? We are talking at least about at least 1369 users with different scenarios, not only Automata.

In my case: floating IP, MySQL replication and Rsync.

If we had found them, we wouldn't be here to ask. Of course I am ready to pay for a 3rd party solution, if needed.

This is just taking more time. After 9 years I can't believe it's still needed to collect informations to evaluate investments.
Unless the request has been ignored until now, of course.

That was clear.
Maybe they are waiting for @Automata but no answer yet on your reply for a month. I agree and am looking for this solution

Back