• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved Has anyone written a DNS Integration script for use with a BIND external server

electricd7

New Pleskian
Hello-

I have a few Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #42 servers running on CentOS 7. I would like to have a way to utilize their DNS capabilities but currently we have DNS switched off and use a centralized BIND server which is also running on CentOS 7. I didn't realize until this morning that Plesk supported custom DNS integration, but read in the manual that it is possible with Route 53, Dyn, etc. Has anyone ever written a script that will allow me to just push the zones/changes to my stand alone BIND server? I would love to be able to manage the zones from within Plesk but still maintain separate DNS servers. Any help is appreciated!

ED7

hmm what about set the the zentral ns in the dns template as NS and allow zone transfer to it? Of course you have to assign it to each domain.

I was able to get this working by just using the Slave DNS Manager extension and using my plesk servers as a "hidden master" server for all DNS zones. Thank you!

I was able to get this working by just using the Slave DNS Manager extension and using my plesk servers as a "hidden master" server for all DNS zones. Thank you!
Hi,
Could you please explain how you were able to push changes to your external servers via Slave DNS Manager? Basically my setup is identical with you and I've been looking solutions for this issue. I understand how I can use this extension would help in this but aren't these zones set with type slave instead of master in BIND files?

Back