• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Have created a page but now can't open it

Montse

New Pleskian
Hi,

Can Anyone help?

I am using Presence Builder 12.0.6 to create the pages of my website. The website is already published.

One of the pages, however, can not be seen through the browser, instead I get error 404 "The requested document was not found on this server.".

-If I click the Page tab in the Web Editor, I can see that the page name is there, I can change the position of the page up and down within the menu as well, but I can't open it!!
-The icon of a chain (Link icon) has appeared there, (in front the page name), this icon wasn't there before and this is the only page that has such an icon associated with it.
-All other pages ask me to write the "Page Link Name" and there is a link that I can use to "edit page description and keywords" but this options have disappear in this "problematic page", instead it ask "Open page in..."
-As far as I know I have not deleted this page.

Does anyone know why this can happen and how can I recover my page?

Montse

Hi Montse and welcome to our forum.

To me it sounds like the new feature that allows for hyperlinks to external websites from the navigation menu. It was introduced with version 12.0. (User Guide: http://download1.parallels.com/WPB/Doc/12.0/en-US/online/presence-builder-user-guide/66452.htm#)

For external hyperlinks there should be three input fields on the right hand side of the page list.
"Page title", "Website address", "Open page in...", followed by a checkbox to hide the page in the navigation menu. It that's not the case, something is broken.

You could delete this hyperlink page from the page list and maybe create a new regular page using archived data from archive.org?

Thank you dave-ha,

I now understand.

-I created a "regular page" and filled it with all kind of info.
-Experimenting with page editor, I might have created a "linked page" based on that "regular page".

-Since both pages had the same name, I made the mistake of thinking that the newly created "Linked page" was a duplicate of the "regular page"
-I didn't need two identical pages so, I decided to delete one of them.
-Unfortunately, I deleted the "regular page" and was left with the "linked page" not understanding how all changes had come about...

Rather than create a new regular page using archived data from archive.org, (I have never done this)
Is it possible to revert the "linked page" into a regular one?

Montse

It's my pleasure, Montse.

In case you saved a copy in the editor before deleting the regular page you could revert to it, see http://download1.parallels.com/WPB/Doc/12.0/en-US/online/presence-builder-user-guide/68657.htm#.

Other options I see are:
- contact your hoster to give you a copy of the deleted page from a backup
- get the page content from a search engine's cache (provided they visited the page)
- get the text of the page from archive.org (provided they visited the page)

In my view, the trouble is that Web Presence Builder does not save copies automatically (such as MS Word does for example) or at publication. But that would help users if this went wrong. If you would love to see that feature in a future please feel free to vote for the idea at https://wpbuilder.uservoice.com/for...ons/5827410-auto-save-snapshot-at-publication.

I hope that helps and wish you good luck.

Back