• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Having Trouble with OCI8

Cory16

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux 9.4
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.63 #1
I'm following this thread (below) and still can't get OCI8 to work on my system:

My system is:
Insta-client downloaded was 23.5
PHP 8.3.10
Alma 9
Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition Version 18.0.63 Update #1

The thread is a little old. Can anyone help me, that would be appreciated.

Trying to query a Oracle 19C database.

Thanks,

Cory

I think it has to do with the Oracle Client (Insta Client) installation not being in the folder and not installed properly - I'm working on it. It would be nice to have a step by step on installing Oracle Client.

I did... It seems like OCI8 is installed... Oracle is installed and working (I can log in using SQLPLUS on all users (oracle, root, and the one php uses).

I say "seems" because the oci_connect command is there and it does recognize it as a command... my php_info does list OCI8 information now, the only thing is now the:

$conn = oci_connect($USER_NAME, $PASSWOOD, $DATABASE)

results in a null being set in $conn, no error, no nothing - I've tried using the TNSNAMES entry, I've tried with the full connection entry... and NOTHING.

So... it was the ORACLE_HOME and LD_LIBRARY_PATH environmental variables not being set... I need to figure out how to set them once in Linux, but adding this to my php code at the beginning of every sheet that queries oci8 works:

putenv("LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/oracle/home/lib");
putenv("ORACLE_HOME=/path/to/oracle/home");

Now to set it once.

Back