• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Header banners? How to get them working?

Jllynch

Regular Pleskian
Most of our clients are reporting issues with header banners. And it is driving them and us crazy. The problem is that they want to put up their logo which is usually much bigger than the small generic logo in the templates usually on the left hand side.

Has any one had any luck sorting this out? Is there a solution or proper way to put up headers? How do we work out the required dimensions?

Do we need to hack the template ourslves?

Also the issue is made worse by the page width changing. This happens especially on pages that have a table in them, and no the table is not too big for the screen, sitebuilder simply puts a pile of white space on the right of the table. And some of these pages display ok in Firefox but in ie6 and ie7 there is even more white space. Very annoying.

Dear,

I have the same problem. To solve it, i have to do a little thing before uploading. I click again on the template for validate it again, and see it in a new window. After that, i can upload banner and logo.

Not all templates allow header image changes other than what they provide in the drop down. If it can be changed, you may find it takes a few attempts to upload. Keep in mind that you can always go through the back door i.e. plesk CP >File Manager > httpdocs > images

As it relates to the logo, we have tried numerous sizes and have found that the largest we could "upload successfully" was 320w x 117h pixels.

We also tried doing transparent but the fine lettering would look scratchy so instead, we made the background a solid color and then every time we publish, we change the background color of the template to an image we saved in the image file by deleting the one the template provides, copying the new one and naming it the same as the one we just deleted.

An example of this can be seen at:

www.montvalerehab.com

Both header and logo images were changed. We started with a real estate template.

Hope this helps.

Just to clarify some things here:
Not all templates support upload banner feature. If banner consists of
one file then uploading is possible. But for some of the templates
banner consists of several files. In this case uploading is not possible. Among existing templates most of them support banner uploading feature. Here I already posted the list of templates which supports banner uploading feature:
http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?threadid=45437&highlight=banner

Somewhere on the forum I have also posted the same list for v.3 but it's mostly the same one.
In version 3 there was not possible to upload banners in different formats but it can be corrected with help of fix from this article: http://kb.swsoft.com/en/1676
In new version 4.0.0 this situation has been corrected.

One more thing, as I know head banners for uploading are limited by the size: HEADER_WIDTH = 1024 and HEADER_HEIGHT= 350, so banners can be used with less or equal values.

There can be also limit for image size which can be configured by settings in php.ini file (for PHP which is used by Sitebuilder).

If you still have some issues/questions related to this case, please give me more details and I will try to figure out if it is possible to resolve this issues.

Back