• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Help adding a "MX record "

O

oliverm@

Guest
Hello,

I have a customer that wants to host the emails on his server.

From what I thought I knew, all that needed to be done was to delete the current MX record and add a new one.

This are my settings

Add a DNS recordEnter mail domain mail.domain.com.
Enter mail exchanger * 0.0.0.0
Specify priority of mail exchange server 10

The error that I get is:
Canot communicate with server
but whent I ping the IP its ok

Please help

Thank you
 
Hi,

I think that you try to enter wrong values:

for mail domain you should enter the domain which should be managed by the customer's mailserver (e.g. domain.com). In mail exchanger you need to enter the DNS-name of your customer's mailserver (e.g. mailhost.customer.com).

Regards,

Pink
 
Back
Top