• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Help: EC2 upgrade – Subdomains all link to roundcube

mathi_reg

Basic Pleskian
Hey guys,

today I messed up a bit with my server setup. I upgraded my EC2 instance but was not aware of the concept behind elastic IPs. My IP of course changed after restarting and now I had to update all DNS settings everywhere to point to my server instance again. I set the new IP address in the main plesk setting and all Domains and Subdomains now show the correct new elastic IP.

Long story short - I thought I was able to fix most of my issues but as it turns out.

a.) None of my subdomains work anymore.
I have my plesk configured so that it runs under mydomain.com
All subdomains such as subdomain1.mydomain.com suddenly link to roundcube. They all open the webmail login and even show "unsecure connection" before that.

I of course had lets encrypt certificates for all subdomains and domains on my site.

b.) I'm pointing to one of my websites from Cloudflare where I also updated the new IP but this page also is not loading the actual contents of httpdocs but rather is showing the roundcube login too.

Please help as this is my live server and I don't know what setting I have to update in order to make this work again.

To sum it up: The instance update worked, my main plesk login under the domain mydomain.com also works. I see all domains, subdomains reflected in there and everything seems to be fine with the new IP. However all subdomains link to roundcube.

Btw. I can connect via FTP with the new IP-Address - this all seems to work fine.

I was able to fix it by saving the global plesk IP again. By updating with save button it somehow got resolved.

Back