• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Help me understand some things

D

DavidR

As a longtime cPanel user, I am having some trouble understanding Plesk 7.5 Unix. Using cPanel, I could create domain accounts (I don't have resellers) directly and these users would have access to their domain control panel. There they can do most anything that can be done within that domain. Now with Plesk, I'm having a hard time defining those boundaries and I want to give it a fair shake so help me understand. How would you go about doing this with Plesk? If I create a user, they have resource limits - but then so do domains. At best they seem to overlap and at worst I don't see how to avoid making everyone a "little reseller". I thought the answer might be to create the domains in my account but there is no way that I can find to assign separate logins to these - only my admin login works.

Secondly, I could have sworn that the last time I looked Plesk over there was more control over what icons were available in the conrol panel (similar to cPanel's feature manager). Is there no way that I can create a "template" layout so that the icons I choose will only be listed, including any custom icons? I know I can limit some functionality but it doesn't seem specific enough.

I appreciate any clarification of the idea behind how this is supposed to work. There are positive factors to Plesk that some clients would really like. Thanks in advance.

David

Back