1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Help me understand some things

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by DavidR, Apr 20, 2005.

1. DavidR

DavidR Guest

As a longtime cPanel user, I am having some trouble understanding Plesk 7.5 Unix. Using cPanel, I could create domain accounts (I don't have resellers) directly and these users would have access to their domain control panel. There they can do most anything that can be done within that domain. Now with Plesk, I'm having a hard time defining those boundaries and I want to give it a fair shake so help me understand. How would you go about doing this with Plesk? If I create a user, they have resource limits - but then so do domains. At best they seem to overlap and at worst I don't see how to avoid making everyone a "little reseller". I thought the answer might be to create the domains in my account but there is no way that I can find to assign separate logins to these - only my admin login works.

Secondly, I could have sworn that the last time I looked Plesk over there was more control over what icons were available in the conrol panel (similar to cPanel's feature manager). Is there no way that I can create a "template" layout so that the icons I choose will only be listed, including any custom icons? I know I can limit some functionality but it doesn't seem specific enough.

I appreciate any clarification of the idea behind how this is supposed to work. There are positive factors to Plesk that some clients would really like. Thanks in advance.

David

2. Cranky

Cranky Guest

Domain-level users can login to the control panel if you add a domain, click on "domain administrator" and add a password. They can then login via:

URL: same as admin/client
    User: their-domain.com
    Pass: as you defined above

To hide buttons (for now) you'll need to read this:
    http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20798&highlight=buttons

It may be possible via Plesk in future.