• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Help me with commtouch after removing Plesk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BorjaB

New Pleskian
Hi all.
I'm playing in my localhost with a mirror of my web, and I decided to try a Control Panel.
After that and decided to remove it, I use this script for do it http://kb.parallels.com/es/112988

After that, I see that my apache is dead, so i begin to reinstall it and... surprise. And here is the BIG problem:

Commtouch packet depends plesk-core, but it cant not install it.

Code:
commtouch : Depende: plesk-core (>= 11.5.30) pero no es instalable

Things I've tried:

1) apt-get autoremove, apt-get install -f , apt-get purge, (nothing with apt-get worked for me). Looking for commtouch (whereis commtouch, which ... I didn't found anything. Google has no info about that. What the hell is commtouch? Seems to connect to mysql, but I have no idea...)
2) I've tried to connect to my SQL and create whatever commtouch needs, but I can't connect, I don't know why! Seems user and password problem. Yesterday I could connect ok.
3) I've tried to reinstall plesk. But installation script run an apt-get update and, here is another problem, because it detects a problem with commtouch dependency and stops the installation.

I can't install/upgrade/remove anything.

If I can't solve it I should reinstall the operating system. It's crazy!

Please, any light in my way? Thank you.

Code:
baldruus $ sudo apt-get install -f
Leyendo lista de paquetes... Hecho
Creando rbol de dependencias       
Leyendo la informacin de estado... Hecho
Corrigiendo dependencias... Listo
Los siguientes paquetes se ELIMINARN:
  commtouch
0 actualizados, 0 se instalarn, 1 para eliminar y 0 no actualizados.
Se liberarn 12,3 MB despus de esta operacin.
Desea continuar [S/n]? s
(Leyendo la base de datos ... 266123 ficheros o directorios instalados actualmente.)
Desinstalando commtouch ...
ctmilter is not running
dpkg action: 
 Trying to start service mysql... /usr/sbin/mysqld (pid 24798) is running...
done
 Trying to establish test connection... connected
done
ERROR 1049 (42000): Unknown database 'psa'

ERROR while trying to execute SQL query, the query was: DELETE FROM `Modules` WHERE name = 'commtouch'
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_11.5.30_installation.log), fix and try again

dpkg action: 
done
done

ERROR while trying to execute SQL query, the query was: DELETE FROM `Modules` WHERE name = 'commtouch'
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_11.5.30_installation.log), fix and try again

execute SQL query, the query was: DELETE FROM `Modules` WHERE name = 'commtouch'

***** installing problem report *****
execute SQL query, the query was: DELETE FROM `Modules` WHERE name = 'commtouch'
dpkg: error al procesar commtouch (--remove):
 el subproceso instalado el script pre-removal devolvi el cdigo de salida de error 1
Se encontraron errores al procesar:
 commtouch
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Solved

After a couple of hours finally i've found the solution, I post it here because maybe it could help to someone.
Everything with root, it's faster.

With apt-cache show commtouch I can see more about the problem.

Go to /var/lib/dpkg
In every file you can see a duplicate-old. It's a backup file. Make an ls -la and you can see the modification time.
I made a backup of the original files, and copied *-old to the originals.

If the problem remains because you didnt install plesk correctly first time (like me) you should edit status file: nano /var/lib/dpkg/status

ctrl + W = commtouch and voil

Instead of removing it completely, first I removed the first dependency (plesk-core) but after "apt-get remove commtouch" stills tries to connect to mysql. So i though to remove the mysql dependency.

AND THAT'S ALL!!!!

Now with an script i've found http://amigolinux.foroes.org/t1-ubucleaner, for cleaning my computer.

I think I have job removing trash and files of the installation, but the havey is done.

And very sorry for my english, I know it's not good and I could use a translator, but I have no time. I spent all the day with this h...y s..t hehehe

Hi all.
I'm playing in my localhost with a mirror of my web, and I decided to try a Control Panel.
After that and decided to remove it, I use this script for do it http://kb.parallels.com/es/112988

After that, I see that my apache is dead, so i begin to reinstall it and... surprise. And here is the BIG problem:

Commtouch packet depends plesk-core, but it cant not install it.

Code:
commtouch : Depende: plesk-core (>= 11.5.30) pero no es instalable

Things I've tried:

1) apt-get autoremove, apt-get install -f , apt-get purge, (nothing with apt-get worked for me). Looking for commtouch (whereis commtouch, which ... I didn't found anything. Google has no info about that. What the hell is commtouch? Seems to connect to mysql, but I have no idea...)
2) I've tried to connect to my SQL and create whatever commtouch needs, but I can't connect, I don't know why! Seems user and password problem. Yesterday I could connect ok.
3) I've tried to reinstall plesk. But installation script run an apt-get update and, here is another problem, because it detects a problem with commtouch dependency and stops the installation.

I can't install/upgrade/remove anything.

If I can't solve it I should reinstall the operating system. It's crazy!

Please, any light in my way? Thank you.

Code:
baldruus $ sudo apt-get install -f
Leyendo lista de paquetes... Hecho
Creando rbol de dependencias       
Leyendo la informacin de estado... Hecho
Corrigiendo dependencias... Listo
Los siguientes paquetes se ELIMINARN:
  commtouch
0 actualizados, 0 se instalarn, 1 para eliminar y 0 no actualizados.
Se liberarn 12,3 MB despus de esta operacin.
Desea continuar [S/n]? s
(Leyendo la base de datos ... 266123 ficheros o directorios instalados actualmente.)
Desinstalando commtouch ...
ctmilter is not running
dpkg action: 
done
done

dpkg action: 
done
done

***** installing problem report *****
dpkg: error al procesar commtouch (--remove):
 el subproceso instalado el script pre-removal devolvi el cdigo de salida de error 1
Se encontraron errores al procesar:
 commtouch
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back