• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Help migrating from 9.5.2 to 10.2.0

B

BaronneM

Hi,
I'm changing hosting companies and need to migrate my website, etc. from old host to new one. My new plesk server is version 10.2.0 and the old is 9.5.2. I went to the migration manager and tried to migrate but it didn't get very far and returned the error:
Error: Unable to connect with remote agent (connection to host is not available)

I also tried to restore by copying the backups from the old server and uploading them into the repository - but that isn't working either as the IP address configuration is different so it too throws up errors:
Error:
Failed deployment of domain MY_DOMAIN_HERE

Error:
Execution of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\bin\domain.exe" --create MY_DOMAIN_HERE -owner admin -notify false -guid 4BB3996C-C00F-405F-BC2C-2B15BF4A4E59 -vendor-guid 2EA07C32-4F9B-47E5-A391-541EA5C8121E -creation-date 2010-10-22 -ip MY_IP_HERE failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
An error occurred during domain creation: IP address 'MY_IP_HERE' does not exist

Can anyone assist/shed any light on what I am doing wrong here...?
many thanks
baronne

thanks I checked that those appear to be enabled. But what I don't have visibility of is the firewall ports. My hosting provider may not allow those ports to be opened? The trouble I have is this is across the cloud from one hosting provider to another on two totally different networks.

The alternative I am trying to work out is possibly restoring from backups, but again I have issues as they are totally different IP addresses and different networks, etc.

any thoughts?

cheers
Baronne

Yes, really it can be related to network issues. I think you should contact your network administrator.

Back