1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

HELP!! need a copy of root's Plesk 10.4.4 (Centos 5) crontab

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by roguepacket, Jun 22, 2012.

1. roguepacket

roguepacket New Pleskian

23%
    Hiya,

I managed to type crontab -r rather than crontab -e and remove roots crontab from my system.

Could anyone supply a copy of the /var/spool/cron/root file from a Centos 5 Plesk 10.4.4 install please (obviously with any of your additions removed)

Worst case i can create a vm instance and install plesk 10 into that to grab a copy that way, but just wondered if anyone could help me out quicker?

2. Faris Raouf

Faris Raouf Silver Pleskian Plesk Guru

30%
    This is from Centos 6 but should not be different, I don't think?

Code:
    # cat /var/spool/cron/root
    10      3       *       *       *       /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/updateclam >/dev/null 2>&1
    10      6       *       *       *       /usr/bin/spamlearn.sh

Seriously! That's all that's there. I'm not sure that either are even Plesk-specific! I don't think Plesk uses clamd by default, does it? I think that's from my 4psa CleanServer installation. The spamlearn may be from SpamGuardian but may alernatively be part of Plesk's standard anti-spam install.

The main Plesk-specific stuff gets done via /etc/cron.*

3. roguepacket

roguepacket New Pleskian

23%
    Thanks for taking the time to post, i believe you are right, i did a fresh install of plesk 10.4.4 in a centos5 vm i fired up and the crontab was empty.

I figured out in the end it was the entries from watchdog (if enabled) and the 4PSA Spam Guardian / Clean Server entries i was missing;

Code:
    0       1       *       *       1       /usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/secur-check
    0       1       *       *       1       /usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/send-report weekly
    10      1       *       *       *       /usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/clean-sysstats
    15      1       *       *       *       /usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/pack-sysstats day
    15      1       *       *       1       /usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/pack-sysstats week
    15      1       1       *       *       /usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/pack-sysstats month
    15      1       1       *       *       /usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/pack-sysstats year
    20      1       *       *       *       /usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/clean-events
    0       3       *       *       7       /usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/clean-reports
    10        3       *       *       *       /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/updateclam >/dev/null 2>&1
    12        6       *       *       *       /usr/local/cserver/sendstats.sh >/dev/null 2>&1
    40        6       *       *       *       /usr/local/cserver/localscan.sh >/dev/null 2>&1
    10      6       *       *       *       /usr/bin/spamlearn.sh >/dev/null 2>&1
    11      6       *       *       *       sh /usr/local/sguardian/sgstats.sh >/dev/null 2>&1
    20      6       *       *       *       /usr/local/sguardian/rmimapspam.sh >/dev/null 2>&1