• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Help!! Server Error500 Plesk\Exception\Database

Space Monkey

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
I don't know wth happened, first time in 3 years, anyway, haven't checked my WP project in a month or 2 and when I checked today I see the WP message cant connect to database..ok strange, let me log into plesk.

I get a screen saying:
Code:
Server Error
500 Plesk\Exception\Database

DB query failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory
Type    Plesk\Exception\Database
Message    DB query failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory
File    Mysql.php
Line    79
When I press the repair kit it asks for my username and PW, entered it, doesn't accept it.
So to the terminal it is. I try plesk repair all and get the following:

Code:
What on earth happened?? Because I haven't touched or changed anything the last time I logged and then everything was still working.

took a screenshot from the startup and it seems mariadb dont start. Tried what it said:
systemct1 status mariadb.service
But says command not founddafuq.png

Tried commands from the articles, says everywhere no such file or directory. I think this happened when I upgraded the mariaDB as the current version wasn't supported anymore.

Fortunately I have a snapshot before I upgraded gheghe so going to restore it. Strange thing is, I also upgraded the DB on a other server but that one is working fine.

I don't know wth happened, first time in 3 years, anyway, haven't checked my WP project in a month or 2 and when I checked today I see the WP message cant connect to database..ok strange, let me log into plesk.

I get a screen saying:
Code:
Server Error
500 Plesk\Exception\Database

Type    Plesk\Exception\Database
Message    DB query failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory
File    Mysql.php
Line    79
When I press the repair kit it asks for my username and PW, entered it, doesn't accept it.
So to the terminal it is. I try plesk repair all and get the following:

Code:
What on earth happened?? Because I haven't touched or changed anything the last time I logged and then everything was still working.

Same situation here, on multiple servers running Ubuntu and Plesk. Suddenly all database interaction fails. Restarting the server doesn't help. I had to reinstall everything and restore a backup.

This happened on multiple servers all in the same week and I see other users experiencing the same problem. That can't be a coincidence. Could it be a bug in an update?

This happened on multiple servers all in the same week and I see other users experiencing the same problem. That can't be a coincidence. Could it be a bug in an update?
With 380,000+ physical servers running Plesk and 11+ million websites naturally there are always others who happen to experience similar issues. If you want to find out the reason why MariaDB does not start, it is essential to check the log entries in journald or /var/log/messages (/var/log/syslog) for mariadb related lines.

Back