• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[Help] Win Plesk 8.1.1 to Linux Plesk 9.5.2

P

PedroR

Hi all,

I have to migrate some accounts that are in a Windows server (S1) with Plesk 8.1.1 to a Linux server (S2) with Plesk 9.5.2.

In S2 I tried to use the Migration Manager to migrate, but I get an error: "Error: Host 77.91.203.19 is not accessible". I can ping the S1 from the S2. I google this error, but none of the "solutions" worked for me. I even install migration agent on S1, but nothing.

Then I tried to do it manually.
In S1 create a backup of an account: then transfer to S2.
When I tried to restore:
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskrestore --restore psa-8.1-TRANSGLOBAL165.TRANSGLOBAL165-2010.05.27.psa
It gives me the following:
The file you are trying to upload is not a Plesk backup file, or it is a backup file from older version of Plesk. In the latter case you have to use the backup converter utility to convert this backup file into backup format supported by current version of Plesk.

Then I tried to convert:
/usr/local/psa/bin/pre9-backup-convert -v convert psa-8.1-TRANSGLOBAL165.TRANSGLOBAL165-2010.05.27.psa
But gives me this error:
Runtime error: ('Top level is not multipart/related', 'text/plain')

Has anyone done this type of migration?
Can you help me?

To check where the problem is, I tried to migrate to a Windows Plesk 9.3.0.
But I get this error:
Error: pmm utility 'migration_handler' raised an exception. Error code is: 1 See pmmcli.log to find out detailed information on this.
I tried this, but the files names are different.

My problem still remains: how can I migrate this?

Back