• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Help with connecting to Outlook

puntable

New Pleskian
Hello all
Newbie here
I need help connecting my Plesk to Outlook.

After i have entered all information and do the "Test account" i recieve this error:
Send test e-mail message: Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

I am using mail.domain.com as both incomming and outgoing server.
Under advanced i have checked "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication".
Incomming server port: 110
Outgoing server port: 25

Webmail works fine

Hope someone will be able to assist me fixing this.

Kind regards

Make sure that port 25 of Plesk server is open and accessible from your workstation with Outlook. Use telnet, for example.

Port can be firewalled or SMTP service is not started on Plesk server.

EDIT: IgorG replyed before me.

That means port 25 is blocked or service on other side is not working, try to enable different port, enter new port in Outlook in Advanced option tab where is Outgoing mail tab and test it.

e.g. in my country almost all internet providers are blocking default port 25, so we had to open new port (outgoing mail server) which are clients using.

I got it working now. Here is what i did if anyone else have same problem

1. Edit (in my case) the Postfix configuration file in: etc/postfix/master.cf
2. Comment out the line: # smtp innet n - n - - smtpd
3. Add following where 587 is portnumber: 587 inet n - n - - smtpd
4. Restart Postfix with: service postfix restart
5. Voila, it is working :)

Thank you both for helping

Back