• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Hetzner DHCP configuration after migration

sure123

New Pleskian
Its urgent pls
After internal root server migration Ubuntu16.04+plesk onyx 17.5 with 2 subscriptions(having a websie each) successfuly(DNS not changed manually), hetzner asking to change dhcp configuration. I am unable to locate dhcp.conf in dhcp.
But dhcpclient.conf found.
Also unable to locate dhcp_isc......
Server is unaccesible.but only rescue mode and mounting drives for accesing files.

Last edited:
well not sure what issue do you now have in detail... has the IPs changed or what else?
I assume from aprovider like hetzner to provide an Info/doku what to change when internal migration was planed/done and should be answered asap by hetzner support! and I belive this has not much to do with Plesk :)

usually with ubuntu 16.04 it is located at /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf
Ubuntu Manpage: dhclient.conf - DHCP client configuration file

also see your /etc/network/interfaces
NetworkConfigurationCommandLine/Automatic - Community Help Wiki

if changes on ip´s was done perhaps this might be helpfull:
How to make visible newly added IP address in Plesk?
ipmanage: IP Addresses

Last edited:
Thank you very much.
I have two old ips (one primary ip4 and second ip4) on old server.
They issued a new server with new ip(only one temporary which have been seen now in etc hosts,interfaces, )
I did root server migration using plesk extension( havent touched any dns settings ).
Afterwards they have replaced old server with new one.
So old ips attached to new server (as seen in robot of hetzner). But should be configured in DHCP it seems.
Now i have to configure DHCP
Could u tell precisely which files to be modified. Do i need to modify any hostname or Configure /etc/network/interfaces eth0 and IP (Main and a second shared IP) in /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf
These file images are Attached because
It is a rescue system, and also see there is a sourced file interfaces.d* in interface

ifconfig of my server, dhcp.conf, interface

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I have renamed hostname (from temp.) to my old name in plesk
Revised /etc/network/interfaces for two ips and ip6 associated with first IP (with eth0).
Applied plesk dns templates
Plesk Extension network troubleshooter- removed error files. And rebuild all.
Done
Websites working.
Havent touched dhclient in above image after root server migration.
Only provlem with /etc/network/interfaces

Last edited:
Back