• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Hidden DNS Master not possible?

Jürgen Waibel

New Pleskian
Hi,

is is somehow possible to use a multi-server node (or master) as a hidden DNS master? The related entry to allow to set what hosts have permission to transfer the zones "Tools & Settings -> DNS Zone Template -> Transfer Restriction Template" results in an "Permission denied" error.

regards
Jürgen

Hi @Jürgen Waibel

Thank you for your question.

is somehow possible to use a multi-server node (or master) as a hidden DNS master?
It is not possible for Plesk Multi Server Master node because the DNS functionality is blocked on the master node.

> results in an "Permission denied" error
Please provide the exact steps how I can reproduce the issue because the mentioned functionality is working for me on the service nodes.

Hello,

i use a test setup wit 2 Plesk nodes
- web edition pro with plesk multiserver extension
- Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #12
- Debian 8.8

The Option to select the Transfer restriction template is only visible on the master node for me. If i try to use that i get the mentioned "permission denied".

Error on the Admin Node when i click Transfer restriction template:

upload_2017-7-7_9-6-15.png

Tools & Settings on "Admin Node":
upload_2017-7-7_9-4-50.png
Tools & Settings on "Service Node":
upload_2017-7-7_9-4-7.png

@Jürgen Waibel

The Option to select the Transfer restriction template is only visible on the master node for me. If i try to use that i get the mentioned "permission denied".

It looks as some misconfiguration for me. The expected behavior when you click on 'Transfer restriction template ' is to choose a required service node from the opened list of service nodes.

Please submit a new ticket to our support Help Center
It's the best way to get a solution in this case.

Back